Sign in to follow this  
Looney

~ Long Distance Band ~

~ Hi everyone :)

As the topic title says, I would like to start a long distance band and I'm looking for musicians to make this idea come true :) - Fortunately - as I can see, this is nothing new here and it seems to be working just fine (as I heard), so it is worth to at least try :) ... Well, to be honest - starting a *real* band infuenced by jRock and VK is a madman's dream in my country, I've been trying for years - so reality pushed me far enough to try to do it that way :) I'm listening to jRock/VK and playing guitar for more than a half of my life, I can also sing, play keyboard/piano/harpsichord and bass guitars, I have experience in composing classical parts and orchestrations, home recording and sound engeneering, I read standard notation and use Guitar Pro for years - I am strongly influenced by both classic bands like X Japan, Loudness, Anthem, Bow Wow, Dead End, EZO, 44magnum and Malice Mizer - and more modern - like Phantasmagoria, D, Dis Marionette, Siam Shade, V[neu], Rave, noGod etc... This way I've covered the answers for most basic questions I suppose :) If anyone share my frustration, have serious approach to making music or at last wanna play stuff that You always wanted to play (or just want to participate in sth like that and contribute), feel free to write :) ~

Well as you've probably seen there's a thread similar to this and we have a project called "Licht:noir'e". We're influenced by old vk and things and listen to a few of those bands too. If you'd like to discuss this further message me some time and maybe we could exchange demo's and things.

We're fully capable of getting an album together just the three of us but we could still use help. Especially in the bass area if that's your forte. 

Yup, of course I've seen it - to be honest - it encouraged me to write mine :) ~ maybe this is the right way to realise my musical goals, I hope that I'll find someone here willing to participate:) I'll gladly contribute my own part to Your project too - if there's only sth to be done - I feel very comfortable in more hard/heavy stuff like X or Loudness - or even Phantasmagoria in melodic sense - unfortunately/fortunately my forte is definitely guitar, next is piano/keyboard, and then the rest :)

Yup, of course I've seen it - to be honest - it encouraged me to write mine :) ~ maybe this is the right way to realise my musical goals, I hope that I'll find someone here willing to participate:) I'll gladly contribute my own part to Your project too - if there's only sth to be done - I feel very comfortable in more hard/heavy stuff like X or Loudness - or even Phantasmagoria in melodic sense - unfortunately/fortunately my forte is definitely guitar, next is piano/keyboard, and then the rest :)

I love x japan and phantasmagoria :) Well good luck with your project i hope you find some people to help you out! ^^

Thanks a lot ^^ I have very high hopes about the project itself, but still - I'll need that dose luck - without doubt :) And again - thanks for the kind reply :)

Ok, I'll refresh the thread and specify it a little bit more after giving it some thought :) : The musicians I would like to work with and need in the mentioned long distance project are vocalist and synth programmer/someone skilled in electronic music and keyboard - I can cover all other instruments and functions, but those two are really essential - vocalist, because 'my own voice will do somehow' is not enough for me, I need someone who's main instrument is voice, and - without doubt - fresh ideas about lyrics and vocal lines - plus being aware of oneself's capabilities while composing is something that makes a huge difference (I'm pretty aware, that's why back vocals is where I usually stop :) ) And synth programmer - because I can play piano/keyboard and compose parts on those instruments, but have absolutely no experience with electronic music and synth toneshaping - and I very like that kind of parts in compositions :) Cheers, I hope that someone will share my enthusiasm and wanna participate in sth like this, doing it alone is half as fun as it should be :)

Hello again :) For everone intrested in anything inside this thread - I've created FB page of a project for wider audience and better musician searching results - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horrorifique/663594730398169 - so please do visit it for details :) If You appreciate the initiative and wanna help a bit in bringing it alive, please take a while to visit and like it on a FB, it will definitely help me in the future to get with the music to the right people, there's not much there yet besides the 'Wanted' announcement, logo and some basic info, but as the project will grow - there will be much more :) Thx in advance :)

Sign in to follow this