enyx

sukekiyo

Also this album seems to be mixed way hotter than the other Sukekiyo material. The loud volume makes the noisy stuff sound even more chaotic 

4 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

Are you guys kidding me? Kyo can't play any instruments? I back to differ! You guys probably forgot about this masterpiece:

Exactly my point! Thanks Seelentau!

Yeah I really can't get into this album but not much of Sukekiyo's stuff has done much for me in the past either. There's a few songs that are okay but the songwriting just doesn't make any sense to me. It's messy in a Dillinger Escape Plan kind of way but maybe a little more proggy but with less structure? Very odd

1 hour ago, Seelentau said:

Are you guys kidding me? Kyo can't play any instruments? I back to differ! You guys probably forgot about this masterpiece:

Sorry if I was supposed to take this as a sarcastic message (because I really suck at noticing sarcasm on written media) but from what I can hear the only real instrument there is the guitar riff (and from what I know, Kaoru was also involved with this recording so the guitar playing/sample might be his). Kyo has done a few remixes for DeG so I suppose he might be doing the audio manipulation though?

dayum. Why do I dig dorothy so much, this song is actually the bomb! give it a chance, I hated it at the beginning and now I just feel like dancing

LETS GO PARTY~~~~~~~~~

Edited by cheesy_VK_Freak

I'm really digging this actually. I've been into a lot of electronic and oddly structured music lately, so this fits right in.

Kind of reminds me of David Bowie's Earthling, with a tad of Outside. I also hear a bit of Bungle. Especially "沙羅螺". That one is basically like "Desert Search For Techno Allah".

apparently they streamed a song live on their instagram

I‘m mad because I don‘t have instagram and did not see it

10 minutes ago, cheesy_VK_Freak said:

apparently they streamed a song live on their instagram

I‘m mad because I don‘t have instagram and did not see it

It's still up to watch if you make an account. It will disappear within the next 24h unless they decide to save under their profile. 

you know, really happy that kyo seems to enjoy himself in the footage, dancing around with these pants, having weird side projects like a ghost -mascot cafe,  or what ever. after insulated world lyrics, I was really worried about him. 

now I‘m only worried about uta, he always looks so sad and stuff.

thanks seelentau for putting the effort!

Uta always has a closed expression. I think he specially hates being in the spotlight. I might be wrong but you can tell music is his element, everything else that comes with it is a chore lol

I don’t worry too hard about anyone in VK because it’s next to impossible to know if any of the tortured/disturbed/withdrawn auras being put on display aren’t just for performance. 

On 6/3/2019 at 9:45 PM, kuyashii said:

Was there an individual credits chart for Sukekiyo songs? You know, the "this one's Takumi's, this one 's Uta's, etc.". Was Kyo ever credited for any Sukekiyo song?

I find really weird that someone who admit he couldn't play any instrument can be credited with songwriting (of course, he writes the melody lines as well as the lyrics, but I'm talking more specifically about instrumentation). I don't know about Sukekiyo, but Kyo said he wrote songs before by humming stuff to the instruments guys with DeG which seems plausible for relatively simple stuff like "TDFF" or "S" but it's rather hard to believe for something like "Dreambox" which is so intrincate and layered. Unless it's a kind of "who gets the first idea gets the final credit", which seems rather odd for me. Maybe he is messing around with samplers and programming stuff? I think it's actually possible for someone without any musical training to come up with a beat or something (you don't even need to be that theory savvy since there's a lot of things you can get by randomizing parameters and stuff on a DAW).

Of course he might have learned a few things since stating his inability to play instruments, but considering it was just an improvisation thingy he might just picked the bass to make some noise with it and that's it. I know the point of those instrumental sessions is to create ambience rather than display any flashy musicianship so it kinda makes sense. His sampler messing and theremin playing work in that way too imo

Where did you find the info about Dreambox? Would love to see the individual credits on DSS if possible.

On 6/3/2019 at 7:03 PM, kuyashii said:

Sorry if I was supposed to take this as a sarcastic message (because I really suck at noticing sarcasm on written media) but from what I can hear the only real instrument there is the guitar riff (and from what I know, Kaoru was also involved with this recording so the guitar playing/sample might be his). Kyo has done a few remixes for DeG so I suppose he might be doing the audio manipulation though?

If that wasn't sarcasm I'd be very surprised. haha. This song basically sums up why Kyo shouldn't write songs, I know some people really love the songs he's written for Dir but they have always stood out as being pretty weak in my opinion.

On 6/5/2019 at 7:47 PM, Saishu said:

I don’t worry too hard about anyone in VK because it’s next to impossible to know if any of the tortured/disturbed/withdrawn auras being put on display aren’t just for performance. 

top 10 anime betrayals

On 6/5/2019 at 11:58 PM, slvts said:

Where did you find the info about Dreambox? Would love to see the individual credits on DSS if possible.

I ran the japanese wikipedia article on Dum Spiro Spero on google translate ages ago. I know it's really far from reliable. but apparently "原曲" means "composition" or something and that is used quite consistently on the page?

There is actually no external references backing up that info, but from what the page says, "Different Sense" is Kaoru's, "Dreambox" is Kyo's, "Shitataru Mourou" and "Akatsuki" are Toshiya's, "Lotus" and "Vanitas" are Die's. Not all compositions have individual credits like that though

Finally gave this album some listens. It's not my favorite, but it isn't awful. It did take quite a few tries for it to sink in. Tada, Mada, Watashi is great and  Kimi wa Mukidashi, pretty sure uta composed it, is incredible. That one and waizatsu are my favourite tracks. Dorothy hasn't clicked with me, but it gives such a Stranger Things vibe. It's a shame that so many songs have technically memorable parts which are super short and only played once and then forgotten, like that solo in waizatsu. 

Infinitum still isn’t really clicking with me. When a song hits it really HITS, but everything else is just sort of there. 

I listened to Adoratio yesterday and it’s still fantastic

Not going to lie, I don't listen to Infinitum a lot either. That I respect the concept and the ambition which puts it leagues above the rest of the scene hasn't really translated over to much interest. Adoratio on the other hand I listened to obsessively from when it came out to every once in a while even up to this day.