Bear

New retro wave/retro electro/synthwave

On 3/3/2018 at 9:09 AM, Jigsaw9 said:

I like this a bit better than the other two! Gives me a bit more hope for the album... :D

In other news, I'm finally sitting down to properly (and loudly) listen to the new Carpenter Brut album and it is aaaaawesomeeee!! Can't wait to see him/them live on Wednesday and dance my ass off. Youth Code will be supporting them which is a bit of a weird pairing imo, but I'm not complaining cuz I frickin' love Youth Code, haha.

Duude have fun! Drop us a live report.

On 3/3/2018 at 10:55 AM, Bear said:

The New Gost will become a modern classic, and in 5-10 years it'll be considered one of the very best synthwave albums ever. Mark my words!

That's a tall statement! I'm ready to be impressed too though. 

I don't know if he's topped Behemoth, S/T, or Skull yet though. I feel like the genius of those releases is their simplicity; just straightforward energetic songs to dance or headbang to. I swear, anytime I see him live and he plays "Ascension" or "Behemoth" my body gets possessed and I go freaking crazy.

12 hours ago, ghost said:

That's a tall statement! I'm ready to be impressed too though. 

It is, but what Gost is doing right now is to push the boundaries for what's acceptable for a synthwave artist. And not only by a little. This is a HUGE change from what we've heard any synthwave artist do before him. The album will divide the fans of the darker synthwave and will be hated by as many as who'll like it, but it'll gain a cult status for sure and it'll be considered a classic with time. I've got no doubt about it whatsoever.

Been spinning the new Gost quite a lot lately and it's a damn good album. As far as synthwave goes, this is by far the weirdest, most out there, chaotic and hard-listening album I've heard. Synthwave with lots of metal elements and clear nods to horror film scores of the past. 

I love it!

On 3/25/2018 at 8:27 AM, Bear said:

Been spinning the new Gost quite a lot lately and it's a damn good album. As far as synthwave goes, this is by far the weirdest, most out there, chaotic and hard-listening album I've heard. Synthwave with lots of metal elements and clear nods to horror film scores of the past. 

I love it!

Possessor is really good. It's the only thing I've been listening to the past few days. On my way to see him live right now. I'm about to get wrecked 

I'm currently sorting my music collection and started with my tapes today, which was kind of fun because I found plenty tapes I had kinda forgotten about and which I had not added on discogs. One of those tapes were Cobra Copter's "Ninja Mission". The album consists of seven tracks titled Ninja Intro, Ultimate Ninja, Ninja Mission, Ninja Destiny, Operation Ninja, Ninja Interlude and Ninja Force, and offers plenty variation. You got tracks for fighting, stealthing, climbing, and chillin' on the beach as you're relaxing, looking at sexy babes in tiny bikinis and drinking a cold beer, before getting geared up at night time, getting ready to go out and beat some villainous punk.

This shit will make you feel like you're Shô fucking Kosugi, and that's gonna be the best feeling you've ever felt in your whole god damned misrable life.

https://cobracopter.bandcamp.com/album/ninja-empire

What a song and what a video. The song, the sexy-af-saxophone by none other than sax-god himself, Tim Cappello, the video. 6/6/6/

That ending has to be among the best parts I've ever seen in a music video. Been watching this on repeat all morning.

Edited by Bear

Loved the new Gunship song too, can only agree with you there!

The new The Midnight song is decent too, even though for the first time I feel like they are repeating themselves a bit too much this time around.

Le Matos once again worked with RKSS after they did really well with Turbo Kid a few years back, and this time both Le Matos and the production team RKSS steps everything up to the point where Cold Summer is among the best songs of the year, and the movie (so far) IS the movie of the year. Superb!

GosT got signed by Century Media, not sure what to think about that. Haven't listened to the song yet (I'll give my opinion later), but here it is in case you guys haven't heard it yet:

Gave it a listen now, it's an okay song, but somewhat underhwelming after Possessor. Also not really fond of his vocals - while I do think that his voice fits the music, his delivery is kinda boring and he sings the same slightly off-key way like his wife (?) on the older albums. 

Edited by Kaleidoscope

Oh shit, that is just too good. Sounds like a mix of old horror soundstracks and dark-wave/goth rock/death rock (mainly because of the vocals I guess, but that's cool as fuck in my eyes).

Fuck me, the new Trevor Something sounds really good after a few spins last night, but this opening track is by far the highlight of the album. What a fucking banger of a track!

When will you realize 
This world was built off lies 
It should be no surprise 
No need to cry 

Mmmmmh, yeah!

Will check when I get home. Heard the new Carpenter Brut track on my way to work. Was very cool. The cover art and title is awesome some as well.

So I got to see Carpenter Brut live again yesterday, and not in my wildest dreams did I expect them to deliver better than last year. But they really outdid themselves by a good margin. If the gig in 2018 was a 10/10 (concert of the year for sure), then this was a fucking 50/10. Crazy as hell. I usually hate moshing and shit, but I could not bring myself out of the pit during the gig, nor could any of my mates. Insane. Truly fucking insane. Man, I hope they come back soon enough.

7 hours ago, Bear said:

So I got to see Carpenter Brut live again yesterday, and not in my wildest dreams did I expect them to deliver better than last year. But they really outdid themselves by a good margin. If the gig in 2018 was a 10/10 (concert of the year for sure), then this was a fucking 50/10. Crazy as hell. I usually hate moshing and shit, but I could not bring myself out of the pit during the gig, nor could any of my mates. Insane. Truly fucking insane. Man, I hope they come back soon enough.

Wait, were you at that release party???

Nono. Just posted that because it's a damn cool video. Would like to own it on DVD/BR.

Last time I saw them was inside with Gost as support. This time it was on a festival, outside. Which is why I was surprised at it being better. Wasn't fully dark or anything yet, but it was perfect still.

Synthwave bros & girls in the USA/Canada! If you have time make sure to check out my homeboy LAZERPUNK on one of his 30+ North American tour dates in September/October (supporting Aesthetic Perfection)! So proud of this guy finally having a proper live run overseas, he totally deserves it. Great dude with a total DIY attitude (and bangin' tracks).

68543595_2763019160394431_83363911620047

It's been a long time since I've seen him perform but as far as I remember he does a super energetic and killer live set.

(Also, he's currently crowdfunding his first official music video, drop by here if you want to help out)

Edited by Jigsaw9

On 8/19/2019 at 1:21 AM, Bear said:

Nono. Just posted that because it's a damn cool video. Would like to own it on DVD/BR.

Last time I saw them was inside with Gost as support. This time it was on a festival, outside. Which is why I was surprised at it being better. Wasn't fully dark or anything yet, but it was perfect still.

Oh dope. Gotcha. Just goes to show how much ass this band kicks. 

MV5BMzhjNzNjMjItYzg1Ny00MjZkLTlmMTYtN2Iz

Just watched this and liked it a lot. I do understand why the reviews have been a bit up and down, but I really liked the film. Sick visuals, neat soundtrack and weirdness. Lovely!