Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

Metal Gear Solid V (Ground Zeroes/The Phantom Pain)

So yeah, those who have played any MGS game (preferably MGS4 too - even if it's not pleasing most people out there) know the drill.

Thoughts about fifth installation so far? Yea, TPP isn't even out yet (the release date would be far, far away) but I am pretty sure that certain people have got their claws on prologue, a.k.a Ground Zeroes.

I finished GZ pretty fast at my friend's - and eh, there isn't really anything outstanding/amusing for now...except for short-lived gameplay :/ Hope TPP will be more "full-length"-y (if that is even correct)

PS. for those willing to bash on "MGS' crossing of line in terms of sexualization" (because "anti-Quiet" fans are not really able in accepting certain things passively), allow me to be a shameless reddit troll:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/658316839519398799.jpg
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/658316839684538511.png

TPP will be worth it and yes it will be immensely longer and bigger :D GZ is more for the hardcore MGS fans anyways... the ones who like to play through the same thing over and over each time going for the better ranks and collecting everything, speedruning, and different types of restrictive runs (like no kill, no reflex, iron sights only, ect.) If you are that type of fan then you can easily get upwards of 25 hours out of the game before getting "tired" of it. And even if you aren't that hardcore into MGS games the main story will still take 3 hours to complete as long as you don't rush through like some idiot.

I find all these people bitching about GZ being a demo is hilarious xD when was the last time you played a 3 hour demo with this much extra content? I challenge anybody to show me this demo! Also considering the game is only 30 dollars (ps4) and 20 dollars (ps3) for a 3 hour campaign isn't really that bad if you ask me... nobody bitches about AAA games that are sometime 2-3 times the price but only have double the amount of game play (usually 6 hours)... yet Kojima does it and actually offers a great amount of content for the fans at a great price and people act like it's the end of the world and that they should have gotten it for free... that's kinda bullshit if you ask me, It's obvious that this is a cash grab so Kojima and Konami can raise some funds for TTP but I don't think it's a unfair one in the least and I'm personally happy to help them out by purchasing the game

Oh and the fox engine looks absolutely amazing on next gen... like I cried when ever I played the game for the first time, it's seriously that beautiful :)

I can't wait until the TPP comes out!  I loved Ground Zeros and it has got me very excited.  I am a huge Metal Gear Solid fan, so I can't wait to conquer it and feel amazing like when I beat everything in MGS4, something about doing everything and getting all the emblems is very satisfying lol.  Ground Zero's was meant to be a prologue/short game, hence why it was so cheap, but I don't care I would pay any money for anything related to MGS.  30$ towards MGS is well worth it than 30$ worth COD, not hating COD but...I like to get those games when they are 10$ xP

The new fox engine does look amazing, I was just happy to have a game worth playing on the PS4 haha.  I don't know what the who deal is with Quiet, but I think she is hot and I hate how everyone gets all annoyed when there is a less clothed female in games.  People got to hate on everything I guess.  But I certainly enjoy the eye candy :D

okay so TGS just happened and we have some new videos for MGSV.

in this one I've been told that miller wants Quiet dead but ocelot wants her alive and then big boss comes in and says to just put her in a cell for now. then the conversation between big boss and miller is big boss saying that when the time comes he'll kill her himself.

then there's this 20 minute gameplay demo!

I know I've probably said this before but damn fox engine looks so damn sexy!

Daaang, why is this thread so dead? This game will probably be one of the best releases on new-gen and fo' sho' the best Metal Gear game so far. The possibilities offered to the player for an infiltration game are unbelievable, I was expecting something totally awesome but after seeing that gameplay video I've been totally amazed and it goes beyond my expectations. They managed to make it enough realistic to be entirely enjoyable, Fox Engine is indeed AMAZING. I bought Ground Zeroes and yeah, not bad for being a foretaste... At first I felt somehow lost in a such big map, but then I got used to it. I've been a bit disappointed they changed the item/weapon choosing panel, especially because it was something characteristic in the past Metal Gear games but hey, nevermind. The "assist to the player" thing when you get spotted by an enemy also disappointed me a bit, but I think it can be deactivated. For being a demo I guess it's good overall, but the price must definitely be a trolling attempt from Kojima... If it's so, it's been a success. What a beast.

Anyway, can't wait to try TPP. In the meantime, gonna start playing the other MGS games for the nth time.

Here's a gameplay of Metal Gear Online (60 FPS!!).

http://youtu.be/61cqE53jbOc

Looks to be so fucking awesome, can't wait anymore. I've been missing playing MGO since they turned off the servers of MGO on MGS4. My hype level is over 9000.

Btw, that selfie tho. 

925965_1522404661360828_1493184707_n.jpg

Well, Hideo Kojima appears to have either departed from or had a major falling out with Konami and it looks like Kojima Productions as a brand name is dead. There's a summary of everything here, but here's some of the key points:

• Hideo Kojima has been removed from Konami's list of executives effective April 1st.
  • The Kojima Productions website has been taken down and it now redirects to an MGS portal.
  • All of the "A Hideo Kojima Game" taglines and Kojima Productions logos have been removed from Konami's websites, and even the games' boxarts.
  • Konami's job listing webpage has renamed Kojima Productions Los Angeles to Konami Los Angeles Studio.

I guess this is technically more than just an MGSV story, but since the Kojima name is pretty much synonymous with Metal Gear I decided to post it here. He's always been known for crazy PR stunts but this seems pretty excessive to just be a marketing trick.

EDIT: As Eurogamer has pointed out, Konami has recently enacted a new company restructuring centred around making 'Konami' the focus of all of branding and production efforts.

Gonna wait to see how things evolve, if he's going to join somewhere else or make another decision... Would be surprised if he goes independent though. Whatever, I'm pretty sure this will be the very last MGS game (or not). In the meantime.

2f0.gif

I'm okay with this. Kojima and MGS was one of the best things Konami had going for them anyways, if this was a falling out then I would say Konami is pretty stupid for letting him walk...

regardless I'm confident that Kojima will overcome this.

Hideo Kojima Stated: I want to reassure fans that I am 100% involved and will continue working on METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN; I’m determined to make it the greatest game I’ve directed to date. Don’t miss it!

https://uk.games.konami-europe.com/posts/Notification-Regarding-METAL-GEAR-SOLID-V-THE-PHANTOM-PAIN

In addition, KONAMI will continue to develop and distribute top-quality content in the METAL GEAR series following "MGSV: TPP." We greatly anticipate and deeply appreciate your ongoing support for METAL GEAR.

As the next step in the series, KONAMI has already resolved to develop new "METAL GEAR".

Wait does this mean that after TPP that Kojima won't be involved with any more MGS... I don't like the sound of that one bit :( I honestly would rather the series die than to not play another MGS directed by Kojima.

^Yep, it seems very likely (basically a given at this point) that Kojima is leaving Konami after TPP. Konami are already hiring new devs to work on a 'new' Metal Gear series. Here's the Gamespot article that explains a lot more about the situation, and here's more info on Konami's search for new Metal Gear developers.

EDIT: This also means that Silent Hills is either dead or, at the very least, going to need a new director.

Wait does this mean that after TPP that Kojima won't be involved with any more MGS... I don't like the sound of that one bit :( I honestly would rather the series die than to not play another MGS directed by Kojima.

Could this be the reason behind Kojima's leaving? I mean, back in 2008 we all heard after the release of MGS4 that it was the last of the series, but then MGS V was announced. Logically, a game with a lot of success and such fandom will allow you to earn a lot and a company such as Konami is likely to take benefit of it. But the Metal Gear Solid series has to come to an end one day or another, both Kojima and Konami know it, except one of them who clearly doesn't want such thing to happen. But then again, I'm only theorizing.

I too cannot imagine a Metal Gear game without Kojima being involved into it.

Kojima has constantly stated that every MGS since MGS2 would be the last in the series, and he hasn't exactly been shy about the fact that he wants (and has wanted for some time) to work on other IPs, but Konami obviously doesn't want that and hence the series has been dragged out time and time again. This is all pretty much common knowledge nowadays to be honest.

Exactly, and that’s why he’s leaving. His past interviews suggest that basically MGS2 was meant to be the last Metal Gear game in which he’s involved but he was constantly being forced to come back since the team started working on the new games (actually this happened with MGS3 but I wouldn't be surprised if it had happened with MGS4 and MGSV as well). He cares about the concept and kept getting involved because he wanted to make sure people understand the messages/story and stuff.

Yeah I just thought about what this means for the new silent Hill game, and made me sadder because i was really looking forward to seeing what Kojima could do with it... :(

new 40 minute game play demo from E3 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heohAR-Ov4s

man every single time I see this game I get more and more excited for it, I'm so glad this is about to come out in less than 2 and a half months.

Sign in to follow this