ronluna

Certified J-rockers who are fanboys

Shingo Kuga from LIPHLICH is one of the most intense Kiyoharu fanboys I've ever seen.

His reaction after seeing the comment Kiyoharu recorded for LIPHLICH for the SADS tribute album just about says it all:

http://youtu.be/kl5riHW6ERo?t=26m47s

The interviewer and Wataru are both like "Are you okay? Your legs keep shaking. Are you a girl?"

They bring up how he freaked out when he got to meet Kiyoharu and take a picture for the first time in another interview as well.

x44qax.jpg

Also, when Wataru was asked what his first impression of Kuga was he just said "Kiyoharu".

Ippei from Bleedead is a HUGE D.I.D. fanboy, he even got D.I.D.'s old logo tattooed on his neck, the pentagram with D.I.D. in it, he himself even said when he's listening to D.I.D. he's practically drooling all over himself.

2j4bswh.jpg2ztkirp.jpg

omg sato looks so cute!

Not musician-fanboying-over-musician as is typical, but I have a feeling Satsuki is a HUGE fanboy of the manga/anime series Angel Sanctuary. His Twitter name is Satsuki_Rociel (Rociel is the name of Angel Sanctuary's main antagonist/prettyboy fan favorite), Rentrer en Soi have an album named UNENDING SANCTUARY, Satsuki posed as an angel for a couple of photos...

98415-news_image_1.jpg         rsz_oh_my_lord_satsuki_is_a_huge_as_fanb
                                                                                                               (^ angel feathers appear randomly A LOT in AS, especially when his supposed idol
                                                                                                               character appears)

Though nowadays he doesn't strike me as being anything like his idol:

rosiel-full-164271resized.jpg

Also MARRY+AN+BLOOD had an album whose name started with "天使禁猟区" (Japanese name of Angel Sanctuary), interestingly. I know all this because I am a bit of an AS enthusiast myself ^^'.

^

This actually reminded me of how Kamijo based his Lareine-band's post-BLUE ROMANCE era look on "The Rose of Versailles"-manga (down to the point of Kamijo adopting Lady Oscar's look + the band covering one of its anime themes as a case in point):

image1031.gif

(you can pinpoint a few similarities)

also, their cover of anime version OP:

Not to mention that one of Lareine's works (Lillie Charlotte?) has Riyoko Ikeda's (the artist behind the said manga) works w/ Lareine's anim00 counterparts

You may have heard this a thousand times but I think that Vaniru's singer is trying to copy Atsushi's style and how he moves. I even got clearly reminded of BT's Romance video at one point. But it's obviously not working, he just looks like a lifeless mannequin in comparison. And kinda sounds it to me tbqh.

969870_149247221930172_1105948298_n.png

98030884_large_Atsushi_Sakurai__Atsushi_

98030888_large_Atsushi_Sakurai__Atsushi_

Since we're talking about HYDE's fanboys I can't not mention yasu from Acid Black Cherry (ex Janne Da Arc) and his kohai DAIGO from BREAKERZ.

Especially yasu who's really into HYDE since...ever. He admitted it in some interviews and lot of times in his blog.

Here's an old tv show where he's been teased about his being a fanboy.

He always dreamed about getting a purikura with his lovely idol and here, he got it.

bgkPbQh.jpg

Also he told that during an HALLOWEEN PARTY  that hyde likes to do almost every year, yasu had finally the chance to kiss kim (yeah, very lucky man) but unfortunately we don't have any pictures to as proof. But we gotta believe him and the audience of course.

Also here's a picture with him and DAIGO being good fanboys and wearing hyde's t-shirts.

dqmoTH5.jpg

Also we fans really have the impression that yasu likes to "copy" on purpose (more in a funny way not for lack of ideas) some hyde's styles as shown in Re:Birth and CRISIS pv's. Especially last one where is matter of fact that he's the same hair that hyde got on 2012 L'Arc En Ciel live.

Also since hyde knows well about his 2 fanboy he thought about making them a surprise (mostly for us because of course they knew) and appearing during theyr Acid BREAKERZ Cherry 5th Anniversay 69-sixnine- live.

4iA1DPV.jpg

During the MC DAIGO took his mobile to shoot a pic of the audience and said to his sempai "Look, yasu-san! There is an unexpected appearance of god in the photo!"  (They likes to address hyde as "God", infact almost every January, on hyde birthday, they wish Merry Christmas each other on twitter). And it was hyde.

The he got on stage and they sang all three together the 2nd ABC single song "Black Cherry". 

Here a short video of the performance

Quite a story, isn'it?

Tak from Calmando Qual is quite possibly the most devoted Kiyoshi fanboy in existence. I wonder sometimes if he joined THE SOUND BEE HD just to ask Daisuke about him.

254x3rc.jpg

http://ameblo.jp/dollys-room-69/entry-11726414191.html

"Amazing Tak...you're a maniac (lol)"

"When it comes to Kiyoshi mania, I won't lose to anyone!! (lol)"

Edited by violetchain

As I was reading this I thought "wow, no one has mentioned Yasu yet". Then I reached the last page. In the Crisis PV he actually honors the artists that inspired him with the different looks he uses. He is also a big Morrie fanboy and talked about it on an interview. The video is somewhere in youtube, I'll look it up.

Ruki is a big Marilyn Manson fan. Or at least some of his costumes say so.

Ruiza said a few times in interviews that Yoshiki was his main inspiration/motivation to learn to play guitar and that he is his favorite performer.

Despite Asagi being a huge Gackt fan, I dare say he admires Atsushi even more. He mentioned that he changed his major after listening to Buck-Tick and he dropped everything to become a visual kei singer like Atsushi. And Taboo was the first album he ever bought.

Ice from Black Gene For The Next Scene has cosplayed Asagi in some session events. 

Hitomi is a Brett Anderson fanboy

ALSO he didn't ever say this, but he channels Gackt so hard it's not even funny. I mean he was a roadie for Malice Mizer and all. The costumes in Moran's 堕落へと続く偏愛の感触 PV look very similar to Malice Mizer's Le Ciel... The long ass white nails Gackt had? YUP HITOMI TOO

Yu from NEGA is/ was? a huge T.O.P (BIGBANG) fanboy ! Back in 2012, he used to blog about his experience at their concerts and he posted many pictures of the venue and of his goodies lol  

I remember he also tweeted one of the professional drummers that played at BIGBANG's show to compliment him on his skills lol so cute  T T

Yuuki Suda, the bassist from Suck a Stew Dry/THURSDAY'S YOUTH, is a big Hidekazu Hinata (STRAIGHTENER, Nothing's Carved In Stone) fanboy. Hinata treats him as a sort of little brother figure, which is pretty cute.

He was just posting about Hinata coming to THURSDAY'S YOUTH's first one-man recently.

On 2016-08-22 at 4:38 PM, PsychoΔelica said:

Any Yasu fanboys yet?

lol yes. 

Motoki (smileberry, ex LUCHe) is a big yasu fanboy. 

CzTDve6UUAEFXJT.jpg

COsqawjUwAAvNyc.jpg

Also ex shounenki members claimed to like Acid Black Cherry. Shounenki once had a ABC session live. 

B90COA1CEAE0v7A.jpg

Noah (avanchick) seems to like yasu/ABC as well, and Hikarito (Aiolin). And I am sure there's more.

Edited by Euthanasia