ronluna

Certified J-rockers who are fanboys

Die of dir en grey's tattoo

CIPHER's tattoo

Die: No, before that, I encountered D’ERLANGER. Previously, I mentioned about encountering D’ERLANGER a year after beginning guitar. When I was in the second year of high school, the senpai that was a year above me did a cover band of D’ERLANGER. And that was really cool. Near them, there was D’ERLANGER’s score book. That was D’ERLANGER’s outdoor live one. They were different from other bands that wore make up. The song’s atmosphere was cool too. From that point on, it was D’ERLANGER all the way. Just CIPHER, CIPHER. This was when D’ERLANGER had already disbanded. But from there, I bought a CIPHER model, watched many videos, and had the same length of strap (as CIPHER). I would look at the mirror, saying, “If it’s up to here, would it be around CIPHER’s.?? I kept doing that once I came back home (laugh). Because of that, I think the phrases I play naturally became like CIPHER’s.

j_info43.jpg

JIMMY and his fan CIPHER

de3_s.jpg

CIPHER and his fan INORAN

these are the facts that they are fanboys.

they share guitars, tattoos, watch their lives, performed together

you can post your favorite j-rockers pics together with his idol or fan in a magazine or in an ordinary picture taken by a company or their cellphone, a video covering a song of their idol, their favorite CDs/DVDs etc of their idol, if you like. you can also add a story between your favorite j-rocker and his/her idol/fan. i think its better to have graphics or something to prove them to be certified j-rockers being fanboys. if you run out of ideas, you can search your favorite's idol or fan in ja.wikipedia.org or some article in a magazine that you can find their scans at livejournal or some cover pics in a japanese online store.

Karyu is a big, big D'ERLANGER and BOOWY fanboy. CIPHER I think is actually his favourite guitarist. He was never a huge X JAPAN fan. Most VK guitarists tend to be hide fanboys, he's one of the few I've seen who isn't. As I understand it, he respects hide and likes the band's music well enough just not as much as everyone else seems to. He used to have a bit of a thing for SUGIZO, too, who I believe either taught him how to play the violin or inspired him to teach himself, but he doesn't mention him or LUNA SEA anymore.

Tsukasa is stupidly in love with Yoshiki, though. Both Hizumi and Karyu are Cocco fanboys. A friend of mine went on a FC trip and Hizumi bought some super limited edition of one of her albums and clutched it to his chest like it was rare treasure. Don't know about Zero, although he likes Lady Gaga. All of them are gay for Marilyn Manson and flailed about getting flowers from him for their anniversary.

Uhhh, 90% of indies bands are Dir en grey fanboys. Or Gazette. Except BERLIN, who were so obsessed with D'espairsRay they performed covers of their songs live.

Uruha and Sakito = also SUGIZO fanboys.

thanks for the additional info SUBLIMINAL.

if you have pictures of j-rockers with their idols pls. post them here.

D-BIRTH.jpg&t=1

Nuff said.

First off, that proves nothing. -OZ- and D are completely unrelated, and if you think having similarities in costumes shows that you are a fan-boy, then you are wrong my dear. Costumes are costumes, these bands are always getting new looks, and certain similarities in style to another band doesn't mean that they're fans of that group.

Second, D got that style from 12012, whom I know to be the first known band to do the whole white + black costumes.

Nuff said.

D-BIRTH.jpg&t=1

Nuff said.

First off, that proves nothing. -OZ- and D are completely unrelated, and if you think having similarities in costumes shows that you are a fan-boy, then you are wrong my dear. Costumes are costumes, these bands are always getting new looks, and certain similarities in style to another band doesn't mean that they're fans of that group.

Second, D got that style from 12012, whom I know to be the first known band to do the whole white + black costumes.

Nuff said.

LOL but it's shitty 12012, no wonder that has been my least favorite look by D. Now I know why.

D-BIRTH.jpg&t=1

Nuff said.

Nuff said.

Just sayin' because I thought those costumes were alike. And Asagi and Natsuki's hairstyle ofcourse.

^not Tatsurou, but YUKKE ;)

i see :D i will change that one. tatsurou has a black long hair

i misplaced 44magnum's members too.

i edited some biography, more to come!!

J-Rockers and their impacts (idols) jp.wikipedia.org

BOOWY

Kyosuke Himuro - Elvis Presley, David Bowie, Elvis Costello

44MAGNUM

Satoshi JIMMY Hirose - Caroll, Deep Purple, Led Zepellin

THE STALIN

Michiro Endo - Iggy Pop,Sex Pistols,Jacks,Hayakawa Yoshio,Doors

LOUDNESS

Minoru Niihara - Ueda Masaki, The Beatles, Ronnie James Dio

Munetaka Higuchi - John Bonham,Stewart Copeland,Jeff Porcaro,Neil Peart, etc.

DEAD END

Minato - John Bonham,etc

D'ERLANGER

isono kyo hiroshi - Michael Monroe

ichiro CIPHER takigawa - Satoshi Hirose

ZIGGY

Mori Shigeki - Steven Tyler,Michael Monroe

X-JAPAN

YOSHIKI - Kiss, Iron Maiden, JS Bach, Beethoven, George Winston,Keith Jarrett

BUCK-TICK

Sakurai Atsushi - Bauhaus, David Bowie, MORRIE

LUNA SEA

SUGIZO - YMO, Tsuchiya Masami, Frank Zappa, Steve Vai, Robert Fripp, Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis, John Lennon, David Bowie

Kuroyume

Kiyoharu - MORRIE

THE MAD CAPSULE MARKETS

KYONO - THE STALIN, GAUGE, Aburadako

L'Arc~en~Ciel

HYDE - David Sylvian, Kurt Cobain, BAKI, MORRIE, Marilyn Manson

Janne Da Arc

yasu - DEAD END

Now how exactly do you know all those J-Rockers are certified? I've seen no documentation whatsoever.

more info on their blogs, japanese wikipedia, magazine, interviews, barks.jp and books

the previous post about the j-rockers are based mainly on japanese websites including japanese wikipedia

Those guys in BLUCK-TLICK are automatically certified as BUCK-TICK fans I assume

Tatsurou (of MUCC), Yuu (of Merry), Aie (of deadman), Lay (of Fatima), and Tsuyoshi (of Karimero)

^ LOLOL that never gets old, at least imo.

Also: I guess Kiyoharu wasn't influenced by Morrie only but by Robert Smith (The Cure) and Auto-Mod (a.k.a. Japanese Bauhaus) as well?

EDIT: and yeah, his SADS-career has tons of Hanoi Rocks + Motley Crüe influences

Not sure though that what influenced him to sing like that (with wanky/crazy vibratos) :wat:

Ryuichi Kawamura was basically Morrie II in old Luna Sea days. (Old 80's Morrie specifically, not so much current Morrie).

Also, Kamijo and Asagi are GACKT fanboys to the core.

Ryuichi Kawamura was basically Morrie II in old Luna Sea days. (Old 80's Morrie specifically, not so much current Morrie).

Also, Kamijo and Asagi are GACKT fanboys to the core.

Lol so true @ that last part xD Love them though. Also, Asagi is also a huge Takanori Nishikawa fanboy.

Shuuji Ishii seems to be a Dead or Alive / Pete Burns - fanboy (almost similar voices + stage antics + glammy appearances) - he even mentioned it in some Xa-vat interview if I remember right...

I am gonna bet that Morrie from Dead End seems to dig Pete Burns as well (same as above sans stage antics and not-so-glammy appearances)

^Goatbed's cover of You Spin Me Around is flaw free.