kurenaishineek

Leecher Hunt

People keep conflating two different issues here: leeching and reposting. These are by no means the same and don't even have to be connected at all. A leecher is someone who takes without thanking. That doesn't mean they repost stuff. As a matter of fact I would say 95% of leechers don't. On the other hand you don't have to be a leecher to repost stuff. A reposter can be an active member, or they may at least thank you for your download.

Stopping leechers can be done by making it harder to get the downloads, because leechers usually want easy access, but like I said, they would just go and take the uploads from elsewhere. We are not trying to scare away leechers. Rather we hope they wil eventually un-lurk and become active members.

Stopping reposting is a lot more difficult because these people are usually a lot more determined and will not be scared away by rules or small hurdles we put up, especially if they run a blog that is dependent on new uploads.

Instead, we see this: "9) If you take something, and re-post it on another forum, use your own link."

As I said, uploaders have very different demands regarding their uploads. Some want no reposts, some want credit, some explicitely don't want credit, some want to be thanked, some want to be informed, some don't want their link to be re-used, some explicitely want their link to be re-used (yes, I have seen that too). Making a rule that only covers the most extreme stance and expect uploaders to relax it every time they post something doesn't seem like a good idea to me. However we could amend the rule to something like this:

"Always respect the uploaders wishes. They are the ones providing you with free music, so disrepecting their wishes may make them stop doing so, which means less music for you and everyone else. You will not only hurt yourself, but ruin it for everyone else."

Ironic sidenote: the download rules date back to the very early days of the forum, when most of the stuff posted here was taken from somewhere else - as a matter of fact, the reason I signed up here was because I heard that people reposted my uploads from another forum, so I thought I may as well post them myself. XD Making a strict "no repost" as default rule would have been hypocritical, and it kinda would still be, as there is still a certain amount of stuff from other places being posted here.

Also, the Megacrypter thing seems to be a good solution for people who don't want their links to be reused, which is good enough for me anyway.

Guest Magatsu

Also, the Megacrypter thing seems to be a good solution for people who don't want their links to be reused, which is good enough for me anyway.

It isn't really. blogs who only post links won't post it, but who knows they gonna re-upload it. and problem still not solved. it's only self protection.

I said it's good enough for me. I upload music to share it with everyone else and I don't care if it's being reposted, but I would like people to re-upload it, so the links can survive longer and people can still find active links if they look for the files in 2 or 3 years. It's obviously not a solution for people who don't want any reposts at all. But if we had an easy solution for that, we would have implemented it already.

It isn't really. blogs who only post links won't post it, but who knows they gonna re-upload it. and problem still not solved. it's only self protection.

You're missing the point here. The reason why this would come in handy is because it would force blogspot owners to reupload the files, which:

• Keeps files online longer. If the link dies on one source, there will always be plenty of other sources where you'll be able to get it. It makes it more difficult to find the original source as well, which is safer for the uploader considering the enormous piracy hunt the US government is planning to go on. Plus it makes the file easier to access.
  • Takes away traffic from the original uploader. I remember sugibo suddenly had incredibly high traffic when they uploaded DIVISION and not even a week later the file was deleted by mediafire, not one blog reuploaded it, file gone from the net forever.
  • Forces the blog owners to do some more work on their blog. People who ask not to have their link reposted but reuploaded instead will be helped a great deal by this.

Also let's face it; blog owners are really lazy in general. They don't even take the effort to spend 5 minutes to reupload something if the original uploader requested them to do so.

Finding a solution for everyone is going to be really difficult, because we've tried A LOT of methods to stop reposting and none of them worked. I'm not saying it is impossible and that we shouldn't try, but there are a lot of different uploaders with a lot of different preferences. Having Draconian measures is only going to be counterproductive because as Champ already stated, why bother going over all these hurdles here if they can get it with a single click of their mouse on a blogspot? It will take potential users away. I was a leecher once and I became active only after about 2 months, just like CAT5 was an original leecher as well. We can't take away the possibility that these people might become active after all. Besides, every uploader is different. People who want their stuff reuploaded and are pissed off by blogspots not doing so will find the encrypter a really nice solution, people who don't want their stuff reposted at all will not stop until there is a police-like brigade on this website that will kick out anyone who is even slightly linked to a blogspot.

And Magatsu, you can keep playing this "you're wrong, I'm right"-game but it isn't going to solve the problem. Whether these rules are acceptable are not depends on the type of uploader you are. If more people backed your ideas then we could give it some serious thought, but constantly being difficult because we're not doing it the way you want is not going to help this problem at all.

edit: I think changing the rule to what Champ just proposed is nicely put and keeps it flexible for both uploaders and staff members. I've always been a fan of flexible rules when it comes to the DL section because it gives both the uploaders more space and the staff can act out easier.

Guest Magatsu

@Champ.
Yes, Enough for you.
but maybe not for others. So if someone not want to see their link re-upload. it isn't a solution to go that way.

You're missing the point here. The reason why this would come in handy is because it would force blogspot owners to reupload the files, which:

• Keeps files online longer. If the link dies on one source, there will always be plenty of other sources where you'll be able to get it. It makes it more difficult to find the original source as well, which is safer for the uploader considering the enormous piracy hunt the US government is planning to go on. Plus it makes the file easier to access.
  • Takes away traffic from the original uploader. I remember sugibo suddenly had incredibly high traffic when they uploaded DIVISION and not even a week later the file was deleted by mediafire, not one blog reuploaded it, file gone from the net forever.
  • Forces the blog owners to do some more work on their blog. People who ask not to have their link reposted but reuploaded instead will be helped a great deal by this.

Of course SAI you have RIGHT. you have always Right. you know that.

Yes it FORCE them. Maybe it even STOPS them to put links to their website.
But as for me.. do I want that shitty blog re-upload my file? Answer is simply NO. Did I had the right to upload the file answer is NO. so does a blogspot have the rights to re-upload the file? answer is also NO. Even if you write down. I don't care what you doing with my link as so long you don't credit me. I say such thing because I know whatever you say it will appear on blogspot and then you simply don't wanna credit for something illegal.

Of course it's more easy if they re-upload the file, that the file keeps longer in the internet. But simply those blogspots are shit. I truly wish to see those blogs gone.
And so what if a release isn't available anymore. Shit happens. We are simply NOT the copyright holders of our uploaded files too. If dead link is found. You can re-request here. if nobody is so gently to re-upload. Oh well. shit happens. Maybe CD is still available to buy, maybe in a legal download store, then get it there if you need it so badly. We are not gonna die if we cannot get THAT CD anymore.

And do I give a solution? Do I think you guys can fix it? simply no. I already say from the beginning we cannot fix this problem

Even if you want that blogs re-upload our files. I guess those who steal links 80% of them will stop reposting links and 20% will probably re-upload the links. then you have kinda 20% more change to find a working link. but as I said. I'm not gonna die if I cannot find a release. There is enough other music to enjoy.

But I rather not to see links re-upload at a shitty blog. outside of MH.

So one time more, I don't think we never can fix the problem it's impossible.

We cannot fix the problem if you want that blogs re-upload your files.

We cannot know which user is behind those blogs who don't re-upload or re-upload the files. (sometimes we know, but often also not)
We cannot fix the problem that blogs post our links without our permission or knowledge.

And as last, what we are doing is illegal anyway. :P

But I'll drop out of this thread now. it's useless anyway, we cannot do a thing. we can force those people a bit. But there is no solution for me. That my stuff won't be uploaded at shitty blog.

astalavista.

@Hiroki They always said such things, and if ya read ZESS post and CHAMPS post they are not willing to put more energy into it and to change.

So after all...

There is nothing we can do, but we can make it them much harder. but yet such thing need to happen in this forum. But I don't think, I don't believe they gonna add it here.

What exactly are you trying to imply here? Because it sounds to me like you're trying to say we haven't actually tried to do anything about these problems (problems that i think are non-existent tbh, but alas that's just my opinion) and that we are just saying we have (technically I get the vibe that you're calling us liars). If that truly is what you are implying then I have to ask on what do you base your implications? How long have you been apart of this community? Because I can tell you right now I've been here for 7 long years and I hate to break it to you but I don't remember you gracing this forum with your presence since about 2-3 years and that might be stretching it. Who the hell are you to say we haven't done anything to solve these issues when you yourself haven't been here long enough to even know what we've tried?

I'm not usually the kind of person to take offense to something said on the internet but when it comes to somebody discrediting the hard work that I and the other staff have put into this community and implying that we haven't actually done anything but instead are just saying we have, like it's a fact. I'll go ahead and tell you right now, that pisses me off to no end and really get my blood boiling.

If this is not the case and you weren't implying any of this then I apologize but that is seriously how it sounds in your post. and to that I would recommend wording your posts more carefully from now on to avoid anymore "misunderstandings". that is if that is really the case.

EDIT: After reading your last post I'm now pretty certain you really were implying those things. Your entire attitude is atrocious and quite frankly you're acting like a "brat" who thinks their opinion is the "right" opinion and who is assuming that the majority of people here are in fact in agreement with your views on the issue. That's bullshit and you know it. If you really don't think the issue can be fixed then why are you sitting here being difficult and wasting your time in the first place. It just doesn't add up.

I dont give a damn if they reupload it takes my filehosting site account out of the fire , it drops down the traffic , lowers the chances they delete it , and makes the file live longer .

I said it's good enough for me. I upload music to share it with everyone else and I don't care if it's being reposted, but I would like people to re-upload it, so the links can survive longer and people can still find active links if they look for the files in 2 or 3 years. It's obviously not a solution for people who don't want any reposts at all. But if we had an easy solution for that, we would have implemented it already.

Yeah i think the megacrypter thingie seems good enough to block the re-posting issue , its as i said in one of my lastest uploads "if you want to repost , than reupload it , you dont need to credit me , but just dont let the link die out" . Reuploads will always exist , but its not that big problem , you have to get the downloads from somewhere , cause no one here buys everylittle albums he is posting here . But Leeching and Re-posting is a problem , as i see it its more like a virus that eats away on the community . I saw other forums go down thans to reposts being tracked back and forums had to be closed , or leechers ruined the forums making less and less ppl active cause of only 10% users being active the rest only checking out the download ection frequently . Seriously i would not want this to happen to this forum . 

Also let's face it; blog owners are really lazy in general. They don't even take the effort to spend 5 minutes to reupload something if the original uploader requested them to do so.

Yeah your right , most of them are lazy and mostly thats why they repost . I did not know of this megacrypter thingie but i think it might come in handy , especially cause mega is one of the best file hosting sites i know of lately .

So after all...

There is nothing we can do, but we can make it them much harder. but yet such thing need to happen in this forum. But I don't think, I don't believe they gonna add it here.

Hey i did not start this topic so you could jump out and say the forum staff is not doing enough to stop this problem . They already said what they tried and its most of the stuff i suggested . Instead saying they are not doing enough maybe come out with at least one idea that was not posted by someone else here and not insult the staff members .

1. I have added the "Respect the uploaders wishes"-rule to the official Download Rules and also added is as declaimer in the description of the DL forum. It has replaced the "use your own link" rule, since uploaders may or may not want that in the first place.

2. I have looked into possible anti-leech plugins for our forum software. I found this one so far. The cost would be 25$. Since Kai is already paying enough for the hosting of the site, I would probably have to pay it. It gives uploaders the option to hide their links until a user replies to the thread. Sadly there is no integration for the "Like" function so far, so it would be a source of a lot of spam. It would also put those uploaders at a disadvantage that choose to not hide their links (I for example wouldn't, I prefer comments given out of gratutide rather than force), since their topics don't get bumped up every time someone wants to download. Maybe there's a 3rd party mod for this plugin to make it work with the "like" button, I will keep looking. But for now it would just be a lot of spam and a lot of money for very little gain, so.... yeah. It's not stopping reposts, and those people that are too lazy to reply will just download from blogspots anyway.

3. Since all people with less than 5 posts are put in the "n00b" group, we could every now and then send a mass-pm to all members of this group (maybe every 6 months or so), inviting them to introduce themselves and be more active in the forum. I reckon that many n00b accounts are dead/unused anyway, but maybe a few will come out of lurking after all. As I said, we don't want to "hunt" away leechers, we want them to be active.

@Magatsu goddamn have they tried. HAVE THEY TRIED? I remember getting used to like 20 different methods of downloading from this community, and not even I have been around for that long (I joined in like 2008 or something?). 

But you do have a point at one thing-what we're doing is considered an illegal activity, so the uploaders who hate reposts (with or without credit) should definitely consider that when they think of whether they are or not okay with reposts. I generally couldn't care less, but then again, I only uploaded like 5 of my own purchases, and can also see where people who are bothered by this come from.

For the PM for password thing, god bless the one who has banned it. Not only for the drama reason, but it is actually the most frustrating thing for both the uploader and the "downloader". Why would anyone WANT to be obliged to be online for hours and days just to reply probably around 100+ PMs. And why would anyone want to wait for a PM from someone who might never reply them anyway? 

Also, I think that "reply for link" would not only be morally wrong (thanking because you have to), but it would create a huge mess in the downloads forum, bringing up the years old threads. Personally I use the downloads forum to keep track of what's newly released and download something maybe 1 out of 20 times I've actually went to the said forum. And I open the download threads that are ages old when they are brought up only because my first presumption is that the link is dead and I could make someone's day by reuploading it. Seeing a "thank you" message posted "today" in a 2011 thread repeatedly would only make me stop opening those threads and BOOM less chance for somebody to reupload a dead link.

I am the most against the idea of deleting inactive members. Mostly because of my own account, as I tend to just come and go every six months or so, but for absolutely different reasons (like real life, for example). And I love these people here more than you can imagine (and mine and Maiku's castle with some of the respectful ladies and gentlemen here as our maids and the monsters from the basements. and champ and how I'm always way too scared to talk to her.)

I like the idea of having only the people who wrote in "introduce yourselves" forum being able to see the downloads forum. I don't see that many downsides to it, but I'm not sure if that would be possible to make and how hard it would be (though I'm not by any means questioning Zess's techy whizy almightiness).

BUT, that MegaCrypter thing or something similar to that seem like a really good solution to me, especially if it could be embeded into the forum generally. Simply because, as many have mentioned up there, blogspotters ARE lazy and once they figure out they can't do it as easily as they used to, they would probably rather than starting to reupload everything, just realize that it's just not worth it and give up on their blogs. At least that's what I would do (but then again, I could never keep a private blog for longer than 6 months lol damn I can't even stay in one town for that long). So instead of MAKING the reposters give up, make them think they've given up by their own will, and everyone's happy! And that's the power of manipulation, my darlings!

I agree entirely with 237Q on all of the above, and particularly about the deletion of inactive accounts, as I am so much the same. Been here since first Tainted World was around; now I rarely every download/upload anything, but you'll see a like/thank when I do, rarely am I online for entirely different reasons all the time.

So, I don't feel I need to repeat-write anything since I already agree with what has been said and second those opinions.

I would like to say that I find it quite amusing that you're afraid to speak to Champ though, 237Q. She's a puppy really.

do not make the old traumas float out again! I was 14 when I first came across champ though, need I really explain more? xD

*out of here before champ reacts to offtopics*

I just look scary from a distance, but I can easily be placated with chocolate. :3

Seriously though I know the reposting/leeching thing is a frustrating issue for uploaders but over the years we noticed that there's only so much we can do. I will continue to look into a "press like for link"-function for this forum, because from experience it seemed like the best compromise between making leechers more "visible" and completely scaring people away.

I would also recommend using a link anonymizer to force people to re-upload the releases. Not only will it make their job slightly more difficult, but it also creates mirror links and preserves the file on the net for a longer time.

Because honestly, ask yourself: how often have you downloaded something from somewhere that was not the original source, but a repost, or a link you just found via google? And weren't you happy that you got it, maybe after a long search? There's two sides to every coin.

I don't really have much more to add to this topic, but I will leave it open in case someone has new suggestions.

1. I have added the "Respect the uploaders wishes"-rule to the official Download Rules and also added is as declaimer in the description of the DL forum. It has replaced the "use your own link" rule, since uploaders may or may not want that in the first place.

Thank you for that. I agree with sai that this makes the most sense given how, like what you said, 10 uploaders want 10 different things.

Seriously though I know the reposting/leeching thing is a frustrating issue for uploaders but over the years we noticed that there's only so much we can do. I will continue to look into a "press like for link"-function for this forum, because from experience it seemed like the best compromise between making leechers more "visible" and completely scaring people away.

Again, this sounds like a good idea to me. I've always been quite unsettled by how friendly the DL section is to anonymous phantom users.

At the same time Zess and 237Q have made good points about forcing people to thank just to download and the potential spam. Perhaps we can make a similar button to reveal the DL link when clicked (separate from the thanks button), and have the users who have clicked it logged in a list. This neither interferes with the whole thanks/reputation business (which isn't particularly important to me, but obviously does mean a lot to some), nor does it bump the entire thread to the 1st page when someone downloads an old file. I haven't made up my mind whether it's a good idea to disclose the list of users (e.g. append it to the first post) or keep it hidden and accessible only to the staff. If we go for the former, this button can serve a nice "post for link" function without all the hassle of spam control, bumping old threads, etc.

Anyway that's just an idea I have that may or may not be feasible.

I personally think the greatest solution to this age-old problem, is not to force "leechers" (whatever the hell that actually means - we're all leeching) to step into the light and give thanks to you mighty people that rip releases, but to instead, force everyone to be anonymous. If you upload/share a file - it would not be associated with an account, but only the details of the release/quality. No comments. No thanks button. A simple link to download.

This whole "give credit where credit is due" on this matter is almost sickening. The purpose of sharing music here is just that: sharing; turn people on to new music that they might have never come across or heard before.

That's genius! Though I suspect the number of uploaders to be cut in half, it might be worth it

My favorite quote for things like this is "quality over quantity".

In all honesty, I think this thread has become rather meaningless since the second page because we have at least 4 groups of people talking about 4 different things:

1) whether leeching should be condoned (whatever this means)

2) whether leechers should feel grateful; and if they aren't, should they be 'forced' to

3) whether leechers should credit the uploaders (this is a technical issue, and is in principle separate from whether they are genuinely thankful)

4) whether leechers re-posting links is a problem; and if it is, how it should be solved

...and a handful of other auxiliary issues...

As things stand, almost everyone here is just talking past one another.

I stand with Champ's position on respecting the uploaders' wish, because that makes the most sense to me. I mean, we can go all out to pander to the uploaders and glorify them, or go for the other extreme and spite them to the point that only the most altruistic and generous ones will share - but what's the point? The former is only going to turn leechers away, and the latter is going to turn uploaders away. Simply put, both "solve" the problem by killing the DL section. We can have a separate debate on whether Saku's vision of a DL-less forum is more favorable, but that's topic for another day.

In reality this thread was meaningless with the original post. All four of the points you listed, we have already done - as Zess has pointed out in a previous post.

There is never going to be a "true" solution to this where everyone can have their cake and eat it. There will always be disgruntled people. There will always be disagreements. Nothing that has been said, or ever will be said about this is new. Every method has been tried (and I'm not just talking about MH and it's community - but all "file sharing" services/websites).

I have been around a lot of forums that have tried everything under the sun to "battle" this. They have all failed - us included. And you know what? They have all shut down because of the tension, and the bickering, and the fighting between it's members over this very issue. The very thing that brought them all together, is the very thing that tore them to pieces in the end.

Let's go over each of the proposed solutions from the users that have replied here.

Leeching is "condoned"

Premise:

• Users must have X amount of posts.
  • Users must be active within Y amount of days/weeks/months/years.

Pros:

• There is a sense of "community" and "respect" between members and the files they share

Cons:

• The notion of respect and community is a false pretense. All it takes is one person to break one of the golden rules to bring out the pitchforks and torches.
  • Feels highly controlled. Users will be afraid to break one of said rules in fear of being "punished".
  • There is too much "criteria" to meet for such a simple act - clicking a link to download a file

Leechers should feel grateful; and if they aren't, should they be 'forced' to

Premise:

• Can be used in combination with the above: "Leeching is condoned"
  • Users must give "thanks" to uploaders to retrieve link.

Pros:

• Uploaders get a sense of gratitude for their "work"

Cons:

• Same as the above; just with one more "golden" rule to follow/jump through.

Leechers should credit the uploaders

Premise:

• Can be used in combination with the above: "Leeching in condoned" and "Leechers should feel grateful"
  • Users can share links they find made by uploaders, but must credit said uploaders as the source

Pros:

• Uploaders get a sense of gratitude for their "work"
  • They may gain popularity within the small knit j-music community

Cons:

• Same as the above; just with yet one more "golden" rule to follow/jump through.
  • Must "police" other websites to make sure they're following OUR rules. This is wrong on many levels, as we are then strong-arming other websites.
  • 99.9% of the time, there is absolutely nothing we can do if a link is not given it's due credit
  • People feel offended when they find their uploads elsewhere without credit.
  • Creates unneeded hate within the community
  • Has actually led to racism (think of how you feel when you see the words "Brazilian J-Rock Blog"). This shit has to stop.

Uploads should not be re-posted elsewhere

Premise:

• Can be used in combination with the above: "Leeching in condoned", "Leechers should feel grateful", and "Leechers should credit the uploaders"
  • Uploads are exclusive to the community, and should not be shared or posted elsewhere
  • On small occasions you may do so with the permission of the uploader

Pros:

• Uploaders have a sense of security, knowing how, when, and who their uploads are being shared with.

Cons:

• Can be achievable within smaller, close-knit communities. Requires a lot of work to sustain.
  • Ultimately, this is the "utopia" of the internet. It's a very nice image to dream of, but will never be reality.
  • Goes against the very foundation of what the internet is.
  • Causes uploaders to profile other members of the community, and will create instances of people not sharing files to others simply because they don't like them.
  • Again, there is absolutely no way for us to police other websites when (not if) we find a file has been shared outside of the community.

I have seen all of this happen many times over. Champ, and any of the other staff members, and even some of you users reading this now, can vouch for this. Do any of these solutions seem like a fix to anything?

The latter one can kind of work, I suppose, but only in a smaller group. As a member of another VK community with ~40 users that puts potential users through an interview/peer-review process that has had over 300 uploads without a single one leaking to blogs, it can certainly work. Though I guess it only takes one person to make the whole thing come tumbling down. As far as here goes though, I'm pretty sure nothing can be done. Maybe public shaming? Find people reposting uploads on blogspots and change their avatar to a big floppy penis and their sig to something like "I love donkey dicks".

The latter one can kind of work, I suppose, but only in a smaller group. As a member of another VK community with ~40 users that puts potential users through an interview/peer-review process that has had over 300 uploads without a single one leaking to blogs, it can certainly work. Though I guess it only takes one person to make the whole thing come tumbling down. As far as here goes though, I'm pretty sure nothing can be done. Maybe public shaming? Find people reposting uploads on blogspots and change their avatar to a big floppy penis and their sig to something like "I love donkey dicks".

This is true, it is possible to a greater degree within a smaller community. But we're not a community consisting of just ~40 members. We have thousands of members (though it's debatable as to how many of them are actually "active" - the point still stands). I updated my post.

Public shaming should never be a solution to anything. It's the very thing I would never condone or promote our community to do. Most of you remember Batsu from a few years ago - while it was amusing at times, it was ultimately annoying, and painted the whole forum as a forum of dicks (quite literally at times). It's also listed under every one of the cons section of the above mentioned solutions.

When I could say sth:

1st idea: kind of nonsense for me. While making a connection between post number and activity on the forum and downloading files - there's also danger of spamming. While new users wanted download sth, will spam to reach a golden number to downloading files. That equals more work for the staff. Really worth of it?

2nd idea: forcing to "thank"? It's the matter of culture. It's always nice for uploader to recieve the thank from the leecher. The forum ist not to educate ppl, how to behave. This is the role of parents. The era's changing, this nice canon disappear, but there's nothing to do with it. IMO.

3rd idea: crediting also doesn't solve the problem. It gives only information, from who appears rip. There's many sites, that give links without credits and copy it into many sites. Huntig them for it... nonsense. Noone from MH would say: yes, I've copied, it's my fault, punish me.

4th idea: against freedom somehow. The only solution in this case is again the culture. We are asking the uploader if we can pass it further. She/he gives us permission or not. But in this way staff has more job by monitoring, if this kind of question was sent, etc. But it solves problem only in MH. What with "outdoor guests"?

Or just leave it, as it is ;)

When I could say sth:

1st idea: kind of nonsense for me. While making a connection between post number and activity on the forum and downloading files - there's also danger of spamming. While new users wanted download sth, will spam to reach a golden number to downloading files. That equals more work for the staff. Really worth of it?

2nd idea: forcing to "thank"? It's the matter of culture. It's always nice for uploader to recieve the thank from the leecher. The forum ist not to educate ppl, how to behave. This is the role of parents. The era's changing, this nice canon disappear, but there's nothing to do with it. IMO.

3rd idea: crediting also doesn't solve the problem. It gives only information, from who appears rip. There's many sites, that give links without credits and copy it into many sites. Huntig them for it... nonsense. Noone from MH would say: yes, I've copied, it's my fault, punish me.

4th idea: against freedom somehow. The only solution in this case is again the culture. We are asking the uploader if we can pass it further. She/he gives us permission or not. But in this way staff has more job by monitoring, if this kind of question was sent, etc. But it solves problem only in MH. What with "outdoor guests"?

Or just leave it, as it is ;)

Yeah just leave it as it is . Seriously how many uploads did you do ? How many accounts on sharing sites did get closed thanks to leechers who just repost your links taking the credit for themselves ? From what you and kai_desu say , you probabyl did not upload much stuff or even nothing at all . I was uploading for other sites for some time and for MH started just recently and ive already lost 2 accounts that i made for uploads for MH (both where paid in advace for a year) . Not to mention i almost had problems thanks to that . So yeah lets just not care about stupid ppl who just steal your links repost them make the traffic on the link higher and help youre account to be closed . Sorry but all your statments are ignorance , i wonder if you would be as ignorant as this if you would get into trouble thanks to those leechers .