Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

Dir en grey's Kyo to be in Five Finger Death Punch track?

So I got this one (quoting as always):

With the second volume of that effort having just hit stores, guitarist Zoltan Bathory has revealed that the group collaborated with Rob ZombieDemon Hunter‘s Ryan Clark and Dir En Grey‘s Kyo on some tracks which they expect to release on soundtracks, video games, etc.

Bathory said to Metalitalia.com:

“Many have not fully understood the bonus tracks of Volume 1, it was a gift to our fans. The last two albums contains the best music we’ve written so far, and we did not want the attention to be shifted to the guests, so we thought we would not repeat the experience. No one knows we recorded some tracks with 
Rob Zombie
Ryan Clark
 of 
Demon Hunter
 And 
Kyo 
of 
Dir En Grey
, a crazy artist who sang in Japanese on a crazy track. All of these will be part of soundtracks, videogames and more, it will be something special that we will give you in the future.”

source:  http://www.theprp.com/2013/11/24/news/five-finger-death-punch-sitting-on-collaborations-with-rob-zombie-demon-hunter-dir-en-grey-singers/

I don't dig the band (FFDP) at all so yeah, not sure how I should take this...

Inb4 Kyo collab in a new Call of Duty game /sadtrombone

Update: http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Five-Finger-Death-Punch_000000000363902/item_The-Wrong-Side-Of-Heaven-The-Righteous-Side-Of-Hell-Vol-2-Deluxe-Edition_5542428

Apparently Kyo did "collab-ish" (just replacing Max Cavalera's parts with his own I guess) thing with them much earlier before their future recording in their latest album's Japan Deluxe version (let's assume it's as same as Apocalyptica's Bring Me to the Light with Joe Duplantier vs. with Kyo - kind of thing)

I just can't really see/hear Kyo in some testosterone-heavy song, sry guys.

I just can't really see/hear Kyo in some testosterone-heavy song, sry guys.

This. How they have managed to convince the likes of Rob Halford, Tech N9ne, Max Cavalera, Jamey Jasta, Kyo, Kokane and Rob Zombie to participate on their songs are just beyond me. The band's bloody awful.

Wow thats sad. Nail in the coffin for me in terms of my reluctance to admit I have no interest in them after Arche...

8 hours ago, Dillinger said:

This sounds like Rob Zombie. No?

Is it bad that I'm lowkey pissed cuz i thought this was the song?

Edited by The MAD Stallion

I just realized that the OP dates back to 2013...Smfh. Now I'm highkey pissed.

If this track existed, there's no reason why it should not have surfaced in some way shape or form.

If this is a troll from FFDP then we all fell for it.

I seem to be a minority here that actually enjoys five finger death punch and would love to hear this collaboration. I'd love to see some mainstream recognition for a band like Dir En Grey in the west, but maybe that's just me. From what little I know about Dir En Grey I can see why people would be unsure what to think about the collaboration though, admittedly the styles don't appear to mesh too well from one band to the other.

On 6/10/2016 at 10:21 PM, SethItari said:

admittedly the styles don't appear to mesh too well from one band to the other.

Kyo surprisingly worked well with the likes of Apocalyptica. The lyrics of Bring Them to Light were written by Joseph Duplantier of Gojira. Although, I'd rather see a collaboration of Gojira with Kyo instead of Five Finger Death Punch.

10 hours ago, Crube said:

Although, I'd rather see a collaboration of Gojira with Kyo instead of Five Finger Death Punch.

I'm a fan of 5FDP and I would be surprised if anyone disagrees with you there, haha.

14 hours ago, SethItari said:

I'm a fan of 5FDP and I would be surprised if anyone disagrees with you there, haha.

Don't get me wrong though. I think they are pretty good, but kyo as a guest on a Gojira track seems more realistic for some reason.

On 11/25/2013 at 6:05 PM, Bear said:

This. How they have managed to convince the likes of Rob Halford, Tech N9ne, Max Cavalera, Jamey Jasta, Kyo, Kokane and Rob Zombie to participate on their songs are just beyond me. The band's bloody awful.

Probably with the power of the $$$.

On 4/19/2016 at 9:51 AM, Ro plz said:

Is it bad that I'm lowkey pissed cuz i thought this was the song?

I know about Rob Zombie from Twisted Metal 4, my favorite game from childhood :D

Sign in to follow this