Sign in to follow this  
Kaleidoscope

Node Of Scherzo Vocal Cover with two other vocalists

I finally did a new vocal cover, together with Seiji (who's on TW too) and Kazumi. It's my first attempt to cover something after taking singing lessons and i think you can hear some improvement :o Hope you enjoy it, covers of Serenade by Versailles and Every Me Every You by Placebo will follow soon.

I did Kamijo's part btw ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLG5KZ6dbU8

Honestly, this wasn't good at all. Oh man! Don't mean to sound harsh, but you guys are trying way too hard. It sounds EXTREMELY un-natural, power- and emotionless. But it was just too un-natural.

And who the fuck is doing the high pitched vocals in the chorus? Not trying to sound hars, but that's uteer garbage. It makes it even worse.

But keep trying guys, I'm sure it's way better now than half a year ago.

But one advice: Call yourself something else. The whole "Seiji, Kazuya & Kazumi V R JAPNS GAIS!" doesn't work at all. It's quite ridiculous. Sorry guys.

I thought it was going to be a complete fail, but it was ok. The one who did Kaya's part was the worst one TBH :/

You're the one who did the best job, then Seiji then the other guy. (:

Thank you for the feedback!

It's okay when your criticism is harsh, it's the only way we can improve ;) I'm not too happy with the falsetto either, the guy who mixed the whole song was supposed to put that voice on a really low volume, but well, you heard the result.

The one who sang Kaya's part just started singing and has tenor voice, so he really had to force his voice into those low notes, i think it's okay for a beginner ;)

Don't agree with the thing about emotionless and unnatural though - i can only speak for myself, but i didn't force my voice at all, that's just the way it sounds. It's possible that i didn't put too much emotion in it though, but well, i can't really identify with the song and therefore have some problems with it.

@Mono2: This VK-image stuff is not my style at all, but one of the members wanted the whole concept to be like that, so i agreed. I was the only one who didn't take a VK-photo and i don't feel comfortable with "Kazuya" at all, so i guess you see my point ;) I don't blame the others for that though, if that's what they like, it's alright.

Thank you for your criticism again, i would really appreciate it when you comment on my solo songs too if i post some soon!

First off let me start off THANKING you for beeing able to take critizicing criticism. I honestly expected to get a warning or be banned because of it, then I expected you to bitch and complain about me not being too positive. Hands fuckin' down, and RE-FUCKING'SPECT! Yes, that's right. Hands down!

I'm also glad that you, as one of the singers manage to be constructive about your own/friends performance. That also deserves a few HAILS! HAIL!

I understand. And that's one of the mistakes her. Don't forve your voices. If you can't sing something then don'æt. Forcing it too much ALWAYS end up sounds retarded. Then choose another easier song to sing and share the vocal duties if you guys want to be in the same song. Better than doing something some of you obviously can't handle.

Well, all of you may have sung with lots of emotion. But I didn't feel it. I didn't hear it. And when you're not a talented vocalist (yet) you need lots of emotion that the listener could feel. If you don't mind I'll post a few examples:

Quorthon of Bathory:

This swede was NEVER a good vocalist. He could scream as if the end was near, but he was never a talented vocalist. Couldn't even hit a note. But this man, belive it or not, is my favourite vocalist. I don't mind vocalists being shitty, but then they need emotion. This man have managed to give me tears in the eyes several times just because of the emotion in his voice. It's so real. He sings as if he cares and as if it is the last thing he's doing before the earth exploded. It's so real I can't even find the words in English, nor my mother tongue to explain what I mean.

Alan of Primordial:

As with Quorthon he's not a really talented vocalist. 10 times more than Quorthon, sure, but still not a talented guy. But the emotion he put in his voice is amazing. And as with Quorthon he pulls of the Black Metal vocals just great. But it's his clean vocals that REALLY does the trick. My second favourit vocalist, and once again it's because of the emotion. He touches me, he makes me feel things and he sounds so dedicated, as it's the last things he ever do and as if this is what he's living for. It's all so real!

Here's the last of my examples:

Aaron of My Dying Bride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQJUUDsfRek

This guy doesn't evenh come on my top 5 lists. But probably top 10, even though his band doesn't come on my top 20 list. Love the three first albus though. But thing is. He was never really talented, but the amount of emotion he put down in his performances is just crazy. It's so, damn, emotional! Once again, as if it is the last thing he does before he's slowly dying. I just love it!

But with you guys, I didn't fel any emotion at all. And even if it wasn't, it did sound extremely forced. Sorry, but it did.

And if you don't identify or like the song, don't sing. Just don't! I think it is the best of you. Clean singing needs to sound badass or extremely emotional. Everything in between suck! D=

I'm gonna be serious. No offense to the other guys, I'm sure they're good friends and all that. But don't do things you don't want. Don't sing a song you don't really want to sing a 100%. Don't call yourself somehing you're not 100% comfortable with. Don't create an image you do not feel 100% comfortable with. THere's just no use. Then it's better to be all alone and try to find music that really fits you and your voice.

So if I were you I'd continue alone for quite some time and keep trying different things alone. Find songs that put you to tears and sing that. Struggle and so on only tend to make things way better. So what if you can't make it sound decent the 5 first times? Just try 5 more times and if it doesn't sounds weel then jump to the next song and keep trying. Also keep trying different genres. Pop, rock, metal, punk. Whatever, just try and find what fits you and so on.

I'll check out your solo songs later when they come.

Of course i will take criticism as long as it's not the typical "You suck"-attitude and since you told me what you don't like about our performance, i appreciate it :)

I understand what you mean, i already knew those songs and of course the vocalists and agree on the stuff about emotion - i for example love the really old D'espairsRay works because Hizumi sings incredibly emotional although he had no idea about technical stuff. But i guess i will stick to what my singing teacher told me: There are three steps to become an amazing vocalist, the first one is all about the standard stuff like breathing etc, the second is getting a good technique and the third one is of course putting all your emotion into the song, only then it's really awesome. It's true when you say that some vocalists are really good without any technique and just emotion, but yeah, i want to sound badass AND emotional ;) I don't expect that i already am, but i'm trying my best and only with criticism i can achieve my goal - i know i have some talent since i have a pretty good range and my voice sounds pleasant to many people's ears (which is of course a subjective thing), but that alone is not enough to really improve, so yeah, looking forward to your opinion when you listened to my new songs ;)

About the song itself: I don't hate the song or something, it's just not a song i listen to and think "Whoa, that was awesome.". The others like the song and i liked the idea of covering it since it's kinda fun to have collaboration, even if the result is not too amazing - i had fun doing this, so i don't regret participating here. I had no problem with the song by the way, it's not hard to sing and perfectly within my range if you meant that with your part about forcing my voice.

But yeah, the next songs will of course be some of those i really like. Just in the case you're interested, this is a much older recording of me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXzgh38gpVM

I was pretty bad if it comes to technical terms (Well, i didn't take singing lessons back then and just tried to do my best ;D), but yeah, this is a song where i can honestly say i put lots of emotion into. Please ignore my weird movements, i'm really uncomfortable in front of a camera and had no idea what i'm doing :D

So yeah, i have no problem with you criticising my or my friend's singing, i won't bitch as long as you explain what you don't like about it ;) It's cool to see that some people look into the musicians corner since it isn't very popular on TW and most people don't leave a comment, so i'm looking forward to your comments on my future stuff.

Honestly, this wasn't good at all. Oh man! Don't mean to sound harsh, but you guys are trying way too hard. It sounds EXTREMELY un-natural, power- and emotionless. But it was just too un-natural.

And who the fuck is doing the high pitched vocals in the chorus? Not trying to sound hars, but that's uteer garbage. It makes it even worse.

But keep trying guys, I'm sure it's way better now than half a year ago.

But one advice: Call yourself something else. The whole "Seiji, Kazuya & Kazumi V R JAPNS GAIS!" doesn't work at all. It's quite ridiculous. Sorry guys.

Mostly agree with what you're saying~

Never was really pleased with that song - not even a bit. I think my parts are quite bad, because the song doesn't match me at all. The chorus is a bit too high for me and the falsetto (yeah, I'm also the guy killing the whole thing with the falsetto singing xD) is not even synchronic with the rest of the chorus.

But I have to disagree in the points "unnatural, power- and emotionless" (doesn't count for that falsetto stuff)

And to that calling stuff I just have to say, that I feel more comfortable with a nickname like that.

I have to agree with the other guy :/

You still needs alot of practice, but as mentioned before. "Practice makes perfect".

I bet in 1 year you will all look back at this and think "Man, that was so bad..."

Anyway, as my last opinion. Do not use "japanese" names in a band unless you are from japan :/

It will automaticly get you in the j-fag/weeaboo corner as a band, unless that is what you want. :P

I'd never use it for one of my bands though.

Sign in to follow this