Evoke the World by Deathgaze

Nymphetamine Fix by Cradle of Filth

Quadrangle by Nega

I'm Out by Ciara / Nicki Minaj

Decidia of Silence by 12012

Rose by Lagna

Day at the Races + National Anthem by Lana Del Ray

VISUAL IS DEAD by R-shitei

ruin grace by Vallquar (somehow he learned how to sing somewhat okay in this song???)

Ooh, since Nega was just mentioned I just remembered another one.

Nega's "Rain Falls".

Granted though, I stopped listening to Nega rather early, so I cannot judge their whole discography, but when I think of Nega, this is pretty much the only song I can remember.

Off the top of my head and sticking to VK.

D'espairsray - "Squall" is probably the prime example of this for me. I've never liked them (borderline hated them back in the day truthfully) but I love that song. Even though Hizumi's "emotion" looks cheesy as hell in the PV, it's the only song where I really feel anything from that band. It also happens to be one of my best/go-to karaoke songs. 

SuG - "Scheat". I liked it when it came out and had hopes for their heavy positive shtick but by second release it was obvious that they were pretty awful. Haven't listened to it in years though. 

Kaggra,... I never thought they were bad like the others listed but I could never get into them really except for "Utakata", which I really love. Sid's "Otegami" is a similar song in this case too. Back in the day one of my best friends loved Sid but I just couldn't get into them otherwise. 

(I'll leave Gazette and Rentrer En Soi out of this since even though I'm not a fan per se I like at least an album's worth of song's from both.)

Diverging from parameters to admit to genuinely loving AKB48's Beginner despite hoping they suffer in an endless hell fire. 

A wild doe has appeared!!! D: D: D:

Diverging from parameters to admit to genuinely loving AKB48's Beginner despite hoping they suffer in an endless hell fire.

And bringing out the dirty secrets, no less! :D :D :D

I think i have a lot of those bands that im not really crazy about but then I like one song.

Gazette: Taion

Cuartet: Yuki Keshiki (WHICH I DONT HAVE THE MP3 ANYMORE AND IM SO MAD ABOUT IT.)

Distray: Tear of Mind

Matenrou Opera: Kaze no Tori (I could seriously just listen to this forever.)

There is a reason why I don't listen to the bands that I know of and dislike, I just don't like their sounds. Not even the slightest feeling comes to when I think about those other bands.

If I like one of their songs then they are in my list of bands that I like.

I think I am similar. There are quite a few pop artists that have a few songs liked by me though I am not into most of their other songs. I wouldn't put them into the "bands/artists I dislike" list either. Their problem is very common among mainstream J-pop artists - inconsistent styles/quality of their songs.

These are some of the artists which have at least a few songs I like: Mizuki Nana, Ito Kanako, Suzumura Kenichi, GRANRODEO/Taniyama Kishou...

The best songs by the above artists are melodic sophisticated/progressive/orchestrated pop or rock songs, usually made for games/anime/drama CDs. Most of their other songs are just simple plain pop songs, no way near the quality of the songs I like. If these artists do have the talent and a good production team, why don't they make an album with consistent style and quality? It's like they don't treat music seriously. But I guess it has to do with the taste of most J-pop fans.

The best songs by the above artists are melodic sophisticated/progressive/orchestrated pop or rock songs, usually made for games/anime/drama CDs. Most of their other songs are just simple plain pop songs, no way near the quality of the songs I like. If these artists do have the talent and a good production team, why don't they make an album with consistent style and quality? It's like they don't treat music seriously. But I guess it has to do with the taste of most J-pop fans.

Pop artists are different from "bands" by virtue of the fact that the overwhelming majority of them don't compose their own music. I'll not try to claim that they have no "input" into the kind of music that they eventually "produce", or that they are uniformly "worse" than singer-songwriters (I have a few favorite pop artists and dance/vocal units myself). But when you have a handful of people composing your song, another few arranging it, yet a different person writing lyrics, etc. etc., you have a lot less control over the kind of sound or concept (assuming there's one) that result.

Pop artists are different from "bands" by virtue of the fact that the overwhelming majority of them don't compose their own music. I'll not try to claim that they have no "input" into the kind of music that they eventually "produce", or that they are uniformly "worse" than singer-songwriters (I have a few favorite pop artists and dance/vocal units myself). But when you have a handful of people composing your song, another few arranging it, yet a different person writing lyrics, etc. etc., you have a lot less control over the kind of sound or concept (assuming there's one) that result.

I wasn't talking about just the artists themselves. Of course I know how the pop music industry works. I was talking about the whole production team working behind an artist. In theory, they can make consistent and sophisticated pop music for an album. It's just that they don't want to do that. It has to do with the kind of audience they try to attract. Most of the audience is just happy with simple plain mass-produced pop songs. If those sell, why putting more thought into the music/instruments?

Also, some pop artists do hire the same band/people working for them, at least for one album or even more.

Oh boy! I'm on the Gazette bandwagon too!

Basically FIlth and the Beauty. I even bought Stacked Rubbish I liked the song so much but man did that album suck fucking balls.

That's why I give Mejibray so much shit because DIE KUSSE is basically Filth and the Beauty. It's so painfully the same song and it stands out so much to me because it's basically a carbon copy of the only Gazette song I like.

I'll go with Lycaon's Chains of collar. 

I don't really dig Lycaon (haven't heard much of their newer stuff, anyway), but I really liked that one song.

rarely care about ScreW but i still love Death's Door after all these years for some reason lol

Me too!!! I think it's one of the best visual kei songs of all time. Most people don't seem appreciate it like I do though. Basically all of ScreW's older heavier songs like Vanquish, Death's Door, Raging Blood, etc were awesome to me though. I don't understand what happened to them... That sound really suited them and then they started doing ballads and pop rock.

Me too!!! I think it's one of the best visual kei songs of all time. Most people don't seem appreciate it like I do though. Basically all of ScreW's older heavier songs like Vanquish, Death's Door, Raging Blood, etc were awesome to me though. I don't understand what happened to them... That sound really suited them and then they started doing ballads and pop rock.

yeah i could barely recognize them after i checked out their recent stuff  :( and it doesn't even suit them! go back to the heavy stuff!

On 10/11/2013 at 9:53 PM, Gaz said:

i don't like ADAMS at all, but i like their song 'Dizzy Love' a lot D:

exactly the same lol