Sign in to follow this  
Guest MollyMouse

Musicians needed!!!

Guest MollyMouse

Hello everybody! 

As you can see musicians are need!

A friend and I have just formed a Br00tal Fairykei band! We dress in fairykei and act cute but our music will be really heavy kvlt and growly screamy! WE do the screaming and stuff of course! However , we are in need of a backup band to provide music for us ;w; we will cover the lyrics (still might need translator for japanese if at all possible) but we need someone to produce the actual music part! 

Thank you so so much!!

If you are interested in this please leave a demo of wha you can do in this topic or contact us at our email [email protected] !

THANK YOU!!

Note: This will be all online of course thank you!

(For more info on the band click the links bellow)

http://dreamysweeties.tumblr.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/%EF%BC%A4%EF%BD%92%EF%BD%85%EF%BD%81%EF%BD%8D%EF%BD%99%EF%BC%B3%EF%BD%97%EF%BD%85%EF%BD%85%EF%BD%94%EF%BD%89%EF%BD%85%EF%BD%93/1378497549049017

https://twitter.com/DreamySweeties

To be fair, and no offense at all; but I'm not entirely sure if anyone looking to be in a band would want to be the back up to you and a friend, and be tasked with writing all of the material. If I were to be doing something like that, I would expect heavy prominence in the band and not a "backup".

Guest MollyMouse

To be fair, and no offense at all; but I'm not entirely sure if anyone looking to be in a band would want to be the back up to you and a friend, and be tasked with writing all of the material. If I were to be doing something like that, I would expect heavy prominence in the band and not a "backup".

haha well there are such things as backup bands so obviously poeple would do it XD but I understand this! A lot of people dont want to be known as just that guy but want to be known as an actual member of a band! It is considerable to just be an actual band like that lol but a lot of people wouldnt want to be in such a girly band so i figured more people would be open to backup

nah, i bet pedos are interested in this deal

dont remind TTwTT

The name is...er...unique.

yes the name is supposed to be uh...typical "idol" type name lol almost making fun of it! so we basically took two of the most overused words and combined them lmao

Even if someone wanted to do back up aka support it's not really their job to compose music...not to sound rude... But to me it just sounds like you guys don't know how to play instruments and want someone to do all the work for you.

Guest MollyMouse

Even if someone wanted to do back up aka support it's not really their job to compose music...not to sound rude... But to me it just sounds like you guys don't know how to play instruments and want someone to do all the work for you.

actually we can lol My friend can play bass and I can do mandolin , guitar , and piano

Then unless you're looking for people who live near you to play for lives, or are looking for someone to be a part of your group 100% ...I don't really see why you need to have other people create music for your band when 1. It's not their project and 2. According to you, you have the knowledge and resources right in front of you.

Who said they were going to compose the music? Of course, we are going to do that ourselves. Along with any other duties, that we need to fulfill. I, myself, know a good bit of bass, and Molly, knows a few various instruments. We are not asking for people to do everything for us. We just need a bit of support. If I would've known people would take it like we weren't going to do anything, I wouldn't had even suggested making a sort of, advertisement for it. 

It seems people don't like the mock-idol idea haha

I'm not telling you not to do it I'm just trying to really understand what you're asking of people here. "We are in need of a backup band to provide music for us" I mean that could mean a few different things, were you going to write the music yourselves and have other people record it? (Unless you personally don't have things to record with then I don't understand that) or were you going to have people literally suply songs for you to just write vocals for? If you're planning to work together to compose something I'd understand... But if you have the instruments and knowledge to play them as well as recording equipment ... Why do you need support members for a band that's not playing shows? You can just write it and record it yourselves?

You couldn't pick a better name? Dreamy Sweeties? lol its a little funny but I'd like to hear how it all turns out! You should update this thread with news and demo's.  :P

Also, what is fairy kei? o.o

Don't get all the negativity, perhaps using the phrase backup band was a bad idea, but it looks like they're simply looking for other musicians to work with and be part of the band. And even if they could only sing, I don't get what would be so bad about finding other people to take care of the instruments for them if they weren't capable of doing it themselves. That's like a guitarist taking flak for looking for a singer to sing vocals because they don't have the skills to do it. Not everyone can rule at every single musical aspect a band requires.

@ OP

Anyway good luck with the band.

Well that's all I was saying. The use of backup entails they just want support members but if they want someone to lack of better words join their band as a member that's different. I never said it was like a bad idea to make the band or that I personally thought it was a bad idea. I just know that if I was only a support member, I wouldn't want to use my ideas and make music for someone else's band. I wouldn't mind playing for them or helping THEM compose THEIR music.

I told my friend they're basically an airband (Golden Bomber) and she goes "... NO THEY'RE PERFORMERS"

I told my friend they're basically an airband (Golden Bomber) and she goes "... NO THEY'RE PERFORMERS"

If I were interested in them right now I would say that at least they're funny :P The amount of people interested in them versus a real band with musical talent makes no sense to me.

Guest MollyMouse

You couldn't pick a better name? Dreamy Sweeties? lol its a little funny but I'd like to hear how it all turns out! You should update this thread with news and demo's.  :P

Also, what is fairy kei? o.o

I wasnt gonna respond anymore to this but i just have to XD actually dreamy sweeties was the BEST name we could pick for a mock idol band , because it is basically the most sterotypical idol band name EVER XD 

also fairy kei is a japanese fashion that basically is stuff like fluffy frilly skirts and sweaters and baggy shirts and leggings. A lot like decora but without all the extra accessories 

I wasnt gonna respond anymore to this but i just have to XD actually dreamy sweeties was the BEST name we could pick for a mock idol band , because it is basically the most sterotypical idol band name EVER XD 

also fairy kei is a japanese fashion that basically is stuff like fluffy frilly skirts and sweaters and baggy shirts and leggings. A lot like decora but without all the extra accessories 

Correct me if I'm wrong but,it's kinda like Oshare Kei,nah?

Guest MollyMouse

Correct me if I'm wrong but,it's kinda like Oshare Kei,nah?

more or less yes ^w^ 

oshare kei is more um...neon and , forgive me for saying this , costume like. Fairy kei is more of a childish , and pastel form of dress.

Also actually osharekei isnt really recognised as a form of dress in the fashion communitys! It is just viewed more as a genre of music. the brighter side of visual kei(which is viewed as a fashion).

Oshare kei

tumblr_mg1272w1WB1rebgreo1_500.jpg

Fairy kei

fairy_kei___pastels___n_pettis__by_sniic

No offense but I personally think that having an Oshare Kei style would be much better than Fairy Kei.

Guest MollyMouse

in other words hello kitty stuff & co

basically yes lmao Sanrio is one of the most overused brands in this style

No offense but I personally think that having an Oshare Kei style would be much better than Fairy Kei.

None taken ^w^ There arnt that many Fairykei style things (Idols are treding on thin lines but just arnt quite fairykei) so we figured we would kind of just do it so it could be in there more lol

Sign in to follow this