StriderSubzero

Looking to Start Old-School VK Online Band [official Licht:noir'e thread]

nah, ok for me means nice/good and so on. i am not here to compare, knowing there is much to do. the good thing is ur band has an own style (rly liked the whole atmosphere that started directly with the intro) not like something i have heard several times somewhere else just with different name.

he he, if i only could play any instrument, would like to join you guys. there is the stuff i did at my early-mid teenage years (from trance to punk wannabe (was too lazy to learn lyrics)): http://www.draugiem.lv/quigibo xD

for a several years i havent done anything, cuz i understood that i should let others who understand the thing better to do the music, but the feeling that i should create something, never left me.

nah, ok for me means nice/good and so on. i am not here to compare, knowing there is much to do. the good thing is ur band has an own style (rly liked the whole atmosphere that started directly with the intro) not like something i have heard several times somewhere else just with different name.

he he, if i only could play any instrument, would like to join you guys. there is the stuff i did at my early-mid teenage years (from trance to punk wannabe (was too lazy to learn lyrics)): http://www.draugiem.lv/quigibo xD

for a several years i havent done anything, cuz i understood that i should let others who understand the thing better to do the music, but the feeling that i should create something, never left me.

Ahhh Well thanks a lot then! If you have any musical talent whatsoever though I'd still like to hear more demo's if you're interested :) we're still very young and a little inexperienced too (At least i am as this is my second project). 

Sounds very old school-ish and reminds me a lot of the type of melodic visual kei songs from the mid 90s or Matina bands. (was Syndrome maybe an inspiration? I think you have done a Nostalgia cover, Neolicht) I hope you find some new members, I feel this project has potential.

And yeah, also agreeing that you should also look up some of the post-punk/goth rock influenced stuff. With the kind of guitar playing in the dystopia song I feel it would fit very easily into your groups disco. Key Party bands are defintely a good start for inspiration, especially Aliene Ma'riage or Eliphas Levi.

Sounds very old school-ish and reminds me a lot of the type of melodic visual kei songs from the mid 90s or Matina bands. (was Syndrome maybe an inspiration? I think you have done a Nostalgia cover, Neolicht) I hope you find some new members, I feel this project has potential.

And yeah, also agreeing that you should also look up some of the post-punk/goth rock influenced stuff. With the kind of guitar playing in the dystopia song I feel it would fit very easily into your groups disco. Key Party bands are defintely a good start for inspiration, especially Aliene Ma'riage or Eliphas Levi.

We listen to all of the matina stuff, and mirage/syndrome was a main influence on "dystopia" i want to try some other things too and add my own flair to it. I think it will be a lot of fun. :D 

We have found a new member/composer for the band and are working on an album but may be looking for a bass player if anyone is interested. We just ask that you have your own recording equipment and can show us a demo of some sort of your playing.

Here's a demo of our first song. It's just the beginning and this song will be recorded again for the album. Still this is an idea of the sound we're going for. But there will be a lot of variety in the album. 

https://soundcloud.com/user9042561/dystopia

Was dystopia re-recorded since previous release? I think i liked the older one more cuz the unclear voice.

And about merry-go-arround i loved the elements that rly remind old school vkei songs - those "arghhh" growls and then those "ouuuhs". And what was used to get the bird cage drum clap sound? :D

More or less i enjoyed this release. Better than actual vkei singles nowadays, lol.

Was dystopia re-recorded since previous release? I think i liked the older one more cuz the unclear voice.

And about merry-go-arround i loved the elements that rly remind old school vkei songs - those "arghhh" growls and then those "ouuuhs". And what was used to get the bird cage drum clap sound? :D

More or less i enjoyed this release. Better than actual vkei singles nowadays, lol.

No it hasn't been re-recorded :) but we plan to re-record it for the album we're working on now same with merry-go-round as well more than likely. I don't know how to answer your other question as i don't compose the songs myself. Anyway i appreciate your feedback on it. 

~ Just downloaded the 'Dystopia' single - I'm impressed :D ~ that specific old VK feel is pretty damn authentic, I haven't heard sth like that for ages - I'm looking forward to hearing the upcoming album :)

I'm the other half of the band and I haven't been active on the forum so I just saw this post (from like a year ago... haha). Are you talking about the snare rimshots at the end of the song in the waltz-y section?

We have found a new member/composer for the band and are working on an album but may be looking for a bass player if anyone is interested. We just ask that you have your own recording equipment and can show us a demo of some sort of your playing.

Here's a demo of our first song. It's just the beginning and this song will be recorded again for the album. Still this is an idea of the sound we're going for. But there will be a lot of variety in the album.

https://soundcloud.com/user9042561/dystopia

If it's not too late, I'd be glad to record some bass for you! Check my topic to see my samples.

If it's not too late, I'd be glad to record some bass for you! Check my topic to see my samples.

We have a girl helping us out on bass now but If it doesn't work out I'll contact you first thing! ^^

I guess i need to wash my ears but "Miraculous Dream" in ur new song sounds like "Love cheetos chips" :hum:

Include some cheesy visual kei lyrics plix plox in some of ur next songs  :D

Thanks rebelstrik. It was fun to work on a cover for once. We have quite a few new songs we're working on now as well, but I think I can say that we're pretty proud of this single so the kind words mean a lot.