Sign in to follow this  
Augie1995

Alice Nine- Shooting Star

Let me go ahead and say that the one downfall to this single is the instrumental of Shooting Star. It's lovely but during the A-melo, there isn't much going on besides the drums and the electronically distorted guitar...unless that's Saga. On the second verse you can hear Tora playing really quietly in the back.

Shooting Star wasn't what everyone was expecting, but it's exactly as I predicted. Out of the 3 title tracks, Daybreak was going to be loved, Shadowplay would be the crown track, and Shooting Star would be in 3rd ranking. I, personally, love the song. It is rather relaxing and it does sound a little R&B but Shou sounds lovely and I'm not one to focus on Shou. Last time that happened was Hanagasumi from [9]. While I do love it, it is my least favorite of the 3 singles.

Affection is a step in the right direction. This is the rock Alice Nine that I constantly want. There are some badass riffs, Shou sounds a little aggressive in his own way, there are some really awesome bass lines, and that guitar solo from Tora is just full of energy. I know most aren't going to like the auto-tuned "Come on, Come on, Come on" but I don't mind, I think Shou uses it very playfully here. I also love that the chorus isn't a chord progression but more of a riff than anything.

I love the live version of Kasumi so that just bumped this single up a lot!

:4.5:

Sign in to follow this