TokyoCinderella

THE GALLO

4 minutes ago, Disposable said:

Been on a Gallo binge. Could just be my favorite active band, or at least definitely in the running.

Kuroi ondori site is fantastic. I just need the rest of the discography translated though :V

Hey, thanks! :D That makes me happy to read :)

There was a time when we had the entire discography translated -- but when we looked back after getting a better understanding of Jojo's lyric-writing style, we decided there was a lot of junk. Unfortunately we lost the spark of motivation to get back to revising everything. BUT, I did bring a new mod on recently who should be helping get the site back up to speed when they settle in.

And I'll keep trying to update when I can, but alas, life.

5 hours ago, Disposable said:

Been on a Gallo binge. Could just be my favorite active band, or at least definitely in the running.

Kuroi ondori site is fantastic. I just need the rest of the discography translated though :V

Same here (to all of that actually).

Kuroi-ondori is indeed a great resource.... I hit up the lyrics section a lot because The Gallo's lyrics can definitely be a bit different than standard VK fare. (Speaking of their lyrics... I noticed Jojo apparently says 'bippity boppity boo' in Tokyo Cinderella which is hilarious, but try as I might I don't actually hear him say that even when I'm reading along.)

@DisposableCrap, the publisher made it private. I have the direct link but they've changed the settings, and I never downloaded it. Bummer.

@The ReverendThank you, seriously, it's easy to not realize (or forget) that people do actually use the site and it always makes me really happy to know that it's been of some use, somehow :)

I think that phrase is actually in Ura Cinderella, too (but I'm a megasloth and can't be bothered to pull it up). His pacing saying it in Tokyo Cinderella is really weird, though, huh. :P 

Kuroi-Ondori is indeed great, I really liked being able to read the translated lyrics cuz these guys have an interesting perspective on the world.

Also - since theyé now done a full album dedicated to the 魔王songs, I wouldn't mind them doing one for the "大日..." song series either, as both of those "series" are usually pretty high up there among my faves of theirs :D

Ahh I'm late to the party. I'm in love with these dudes. (also an old fan of skull fuck revolvers). 

I don't usually pay attention to guitar solos but everything about the gallo is great, specially guitar solos. Even their videos are greatly awkward !

rerecord songs for the album LUCIFERO was a great idea,i think them should rerecord their first self-titled album and the singles 極東浪漫譚・夢,極東浪漫譚・星

all these materials was great but need their currient sound quality.would be amazing

THANKS GUYS for mentioning the skull fuck revolvers, I didn't know about this band. But they sound pretty good. 

Gallo is one of my absolute favourites, love their trashy music. Since Wajow joined their guitar play improved a lot. But I'm still sad that Hikaru left the band, his weird style fit so perfectly into the band. 

How are they doing lately? 

I always feel they are one of the most underated bands i've ever seen in V系. 

Im not even a huge fan of them - but i think objectively they are one of the most skilled musicians in their genre, constantly putting out flawless releases, great live shows.. why they all just have around 5k twitter followers?

I don't like this new single as much. I think the mixing on jojo voice is off. He usally sounds daddy as fuck. But this was mehh. I hope he isnt falling apart. Maybe he is Tsuzuku's son rather than Tsu being his son. The instrumental was the usual goodness but not good enough. I'll give jojo one more chance before ghosting this band AshamedGlitteringIchneumonfly-max-1mb.gi

Edited by blackdoll

Jojo's voice definitely had a different sound in "KERBEROS". The change of sound in his voice turned me off from it at first, but it definitely grew on me as I kept listening. However, it seems like he can sing it decently live. I'm actually surprised considering Jojo's wonky vocals live lol.

On the other two tracks, his voice sounds as it typically does imo. I'm very fond of all of the songs on "KERBEROS", but I think my favorite track on the single would have to be  神鯨型潜水艦・黒鯨 (Kami Kujira Gatasensuikan Kokugei).

Tbh, I can only hope these were experimental songs rather than a style they'll keep. Regardless, I look forward to see what else they have in store for us.

The reason he sounds so different on KERBEROS is just that it's sung a lot higher than most of their other stuff! I think it changes things up nicely, absolutely love this single.

5 hours ago, Kaleidoscope said:

The reason he sounds so different on KERBEROS is just that it's sung a lot higher than most of their other stuff! I think it changes things up nicely, absolutely love this single.

hmmmm. idk he sung high before. i still think its the production. 

but it grew on me. source.gif

Never been a fan, but I actually enjoy this 蛔蟲 song from the latest single. More melodic, with a more regular structure, way less weird than their usual stuff. Do they have other songs like this that you guys would recommend?

@blackdollyeah he definitely did, but pretty much never as consistently high as on KERBEROS. You can kinda hear that it is uncomfortable for him, so maybe that's what's putting you off - usually he sounds pretty smooth and never has to struggle to reach notes (at least for studio recordings haha)

I do have a thing for vocalists who strain a little though, so it's cool with me! And I 100% agree, the single is definitely a grower and needs quite a few listens.

@chemicalpictures I'm kinda bad with remembering their song titles, so I can't really give any single song recommendations, but I highly recommend checking out DIAVOLO again if you haven't, it's a fantastic album with a lot of catchy melodies. The weirdness is still there though haha

Edited by Kaleidoscope

1 hour ago, blackdoll said:

hmmmm. idk he sung high before. i still think its the production. 

but it grew on me. source.gif

This. The vocals sound really polished. Too polished imo. It was awkward to hear at first, just because I wasn't used to it. That doesn't mean it's bad though. Like I said, I'm really quite fond of it. KERBEROS grew on me after the second listen.

The vocals are definitely an improvement, though! Before he couldn't even hit the notes in BELIAL live without struggling, so hearing him hit nearly all of the notes live for KERBEROS is pretty impressive lol.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:36 PM, Kaleidoscope said:

@blackdollyeah he definitely did, but pretty much never as consistently high as on KERBEROS. You can kinda hear that it is uncomfortable for him, so maybe that's what's putting you off - usually he sounds pretty smooth and never has to struggle to reach notes (at least for studio recordings haha)

I do have a thing for vocalists who strain a little though, so it's cool with me! And I 100% agree, the single is definitely a grower and needs quite a few listens.

i guess you have a point there. I just was expecting/wanting his "high" voice to sound like the chorus in @2:57

Spoiler

which makes me scream and think vulgar things. 

13 hours ago, blackdoll said:

i guess you have a point there. I just was expecting/wanting his "high" voice to sound like the chorus in @2:57

Oof I wish it sounded that way...
I was trying to point what I thought his higher voice tone was reminding me of in KERBEROS (especially around 1:12), and it's kind of like Wolfmother, at least to me. Don't really like the sound of it here though it feels jarring since it's all I can think about.

I ended up enjoying the new single a lot more than I thought I would. I can't really point out any flaws, Jojo sounds great and all three songs are tight. The only issue I see here are the outfits. It's the worst the gallo has looked lol

edit: was listening through it again and there's a huge lack of vibrato. This is so weird.