Augie1995

Alice Nine Daybreak review

I'm sorry, is this what we should expect from Alice Nine now? This single trumped every past single for me and it only had 2 new songs.

Daybreak is just an upbeat joy to my ears that had me smiling the whole way and the instrumental is lovely as well.

Heavenly Tale live is awesome, want to hear the rest of the songs on the single.

秘密 can take the cake as the jazziest, rock song of theirs for me. That acoustic intro is majestic, Shou's voice has improved greatly. The bass is MMM and the guitars are insanely cool.

:4.5: The only downfall is that there are only 2 new songs but at least I don't have to wait long for the next 2 months. Himitsu is the new Alice NIne favorite for me. I honestly cannot wait to hear what Shadowplay will be like and its B-side

Not going to lie, I LOVE THIS single! I agree 100% with Augie! This is my favorite single of theirs since Fantasy. I'm not even going into detail on the single as I enjoyed every aspect of every song here. The instrumental was just icing on the cake. I'm so happy for Alice Nine! Good job! 5/5

Not gonna lie, this has been my favorite alice nine. single in years upon years. The sound of this single makes me think of the Alice in Wonderland EP they did like... what 6 years ago now? It's melodic and a little pop/rock and a LITTLE bit dance rock, which I always ALWAYS like. I think this one is way more memorable than any of the singles from "9" or Gemini. While both of those albums were pretty decent, they didn't hold a candle to Alpha for me and I think that if we get an alice nine. album this year, it may be on par with Alpha with a lead single like this. I'm not even ready for Shadowplay because I'm still so in love with this song.

Fantastic job a9, 5/5

Daybreak: For me the song is such a mixed bag, it's far from awful but I just can't stand the intro/slower stripped down parts, it works with the whole song and builds up nicely but I just dislike the sound of it, the chorus is nice and catchy but too predictable and the song doesn't really seem to go anywhere, like most songs the standout part is the chorus but there just wasn't a part that made me go "wow" so overall I'd say it's a decent song, nothing amazing but it's no disaster.

秘密: I might have an unpopular opinion here because I honestly feel this should've been the single! There's a lot going on in the song but it doesn't sound muddled or clustered, it's one of their most poppiest songs but they pull it off nicely, a guitar solo that isn't silly shredding, jazzy and funky parts, nice vocals, I really haven't been big on alice nine lately (Gemini was hit and miss, strongly disliked 9) but this song brought back some faith in them

Finally, if you're an alice nine fan then you've probably heard the bonus live songs (maybe not live but at least the studio recording) so I'm not going to bother with them

but overall- 4/5, would've been lower but 秘密 REALLY saved them