JMusicMaxcaz

the GazettE New Single, New DVD & New Album

Disc 2 looks like it will be fun to watch! Makes me reaaaaaaalllyy wish I had gone to one of their lives before DIVISION was released...

It's not an official announcement from the members but it is said that Reita has composed a song on FADELESS and/or A BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY. Also, both of the releases have an orchestral accompaniment.

I'm more excited for these releases now than I was for DIVISION. Now, we need previews

It's not an official announcement from the members but it is said that Reita has composed a song on FADELESS and/or A BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY. Also, both of the releases have an orchestral accompaniment.

I'm more excited for these releases now than I was for DIVISION. Now, we need previews

I'll be getting ready for orchestral dubstep then.

Thanks to Credits ! The GazettE Fan's & @ruki_candy

What songs did Reita compose in the past? I need to recall some before I give a thought on that statement.

I think Reita composed Miseinen? I'm not sure about this though, but I thought it was one of the few that he composed.

I think Reita composed Miseinen? I'm not sure about this though, but I thought it was one of the few that he composed.

Just the bass part of Miseinen.

He just composed RIDE with the ROCKERS and Anti Pop.

Cool I'll be checking this out when it comes out. And Toxic and Division were just okay. They had some good/semi decent songs but they lacked anything special and were weak as albums. And I really hope they either ditch the electronic influence or really improve on it, because the electro-rock stuff on Division was horribly done. There are crappier bands then the gazette that do the electronic thing better then they do.

I've never truly grasped the concept of the word. I used it quite a bit back in the day when I still felt relatively retarded on a musical scale, but what exactly is this "generic"-GazettE thing? I mean I didn't like their last two albums either, but what do you mean if you say it's generic (this is not directed at Augie1995, obviously)? And about the reviews, I guess it's inevitable. People will probably check those things out in the end out of curiosity (to which they have the full right to, even if they stated earlier they won't), and I guess with a band like the GazettE this discussion is inevitable.

When people say "generic", it's a less informed way of saying 'derivative'. Derivative art is something that draws heavily (and exclusively) on an already set style without doing anything to make it genuine / different. Consider Elvis Presley: great performer but he offered NOTHING new to the rock / blues genre in terms of technique, style, or innovation. We can all croon about how dreamy Elvis was, or how beautiful his voice was; but that's really it. Compare him to the Beatles who re-defined a genre.

the GazettE are not Elvis Presley. What I mean by that is it's not like they've stuck to the same formula over and over again. Sure their guitar work can be incredibly dry and typical without the saving grace of Uruha's solos (Drop B, 1st and 2nd Frets. There's your GazettE song. Let's call it 'ANGRY SONG'); but they've at least taken the VK 'scene' and evolved in it with their own sound. 80's pop hooks, pop-punk, metal, and electronica all come together to make the GazettE's 'sound', which I will say is pretty unique vs. Elvis.

the GazettE aren't derivative, they just rub people the wrong way. Personally I'm always shifting between thinking they're cool and thinking they're the lamest thing in the world; but that makes me even more excited for this new album: I want to see which GazettE shows up. The cool one, or the lame one.

When people say "generic", it's a less informed way of saying 'derivative'. Derivative art is something that draws heavily (and exclusively) on an already set style without doing anything to make it genuine / different. Consider Elvis Presley: great performer but he offered NOTHING new to the rock / blues genre in terms of technique, style, or innovation. We can all croon about how dreamy Elvis was, or how beautiful his voice was; but that's really it. Compare him to the Beatles who re-defined a genre.

the GazettE are not Elvis Presley. What I mean by that is it's not like they've stuck to the same formula over and over again. Sure their guitar work can be incredibly dry and typical without the saving grace of Uruha's solos (Drop B, 1st and 2nd Frets. There's your GazettE song. Let's call it 'ANGRY SONG'); but they've at least taken the VK 'scene' and evolved in it with their own sound. 80's pop hooks, pop-punk, metal, and electronica all come together to make the GazettE's 'sound', which I will say is pretty unique vs. Elvis.

the GazettE aren't derivative, they just rub people the wrong way. Personally I'm always shifting between thinking they're cool and thinking they're the lamest thing in the world; but that makes me even more excited for this new album: I want to see which GazettE shows up. The cool one, or the lame one.

fnCzukI.gif

Guest mitsubana

Personally not a fan of GazettE's (moved away from them), but I respect them and this... This is brilliant! Well said~

I'm not a fan of the GazettE but I have to quote this because of pure win. My respect goes to you.

Thanks for explaining it to me :) I always found the generic argument rather weak, as many people who don't know what it means use it, but it makes sense now that I understand what you mean with the general term. Better use an argument when you know what you're talking about, after all.

That was just absolute gold. That 2nd to last paragraph was just a beautifully done description of how The GazettE make their music.

Just saw the set list for the DVD.......Am I the only one that wish they play Zetsu more at lives?

That's such an amazing song.

Whenever it starts up I'm like "ah this is my shit" like its my favorite song from the 90s. 

About BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY (Shoxx vol.245)

BY heresiarchy on TUMBLR:

—How much has [the new album] progressed so far?

Ruki: Just a bit now and we’ll be done with pre-production, and the lyrics are still to be done. They’re still at a temporary stage.

—Do they change considerably from the temporary lyrics?

Ruki: Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don’t change that much. But they often do change.

—The album title, BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY, has already been announced so that means there’s already an idea behind it?

Ruki: Yes. Because this time the concept was also to create a “the GazettE” album. In the beginning, everyone was misled by the word “DEFORMITY” but it’s not something focused only on that. The album’s concept is also that we wanted to make it an album with each member’s songs on it in the form that all members agree on.
(…)

—What kind of album will BEAUTIFUL DEFORMITY be in terms of composition?

Ruki: I guess there’s lots of variation. But, it’s not like TOXIC and DIVISION. Speaking of song variation, it’s closer to our older albums. Closer to STACKED RUBBISH and NIL.

—I see. And DIM was a conceptual album.

Ruki: Yeah. DIM was a thing for itself. This one is different from that. It might also give off an impression like, “This is what you’re doing in this day and age!?” Well, I’ll talk about the specifics sometime in the future.

ASDFGHJKL. I AM SO EXCITEDDDDDD. I REALLY CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR WHAT IT'S LIKE IF ITS SIMILAR TO THEIR EARLIER ALBUMS ;AAAA;

DID I MENTION I WAS EXCITED?

not excited for nil/stacked rubbish rejects that were too bad to release as toxic era b-sides.

might have a good track or two composed by Kai at the end, tho.

Omg you just ruined my excitement lol. But I don't think they would be rejects that were too bad to be released. I think that they will sound like Nil/SR but with a modern sound to it since Ruki might not be able to shake off the whole dubsteppy phase.

thank you

I don't think NIL sound needs upgrading in particular - it still sounds better than toxic/division, and it will become even more apparent in the next few years, when wubs gradually fade off

SR was a mess for the most part, so that one won't sell twice indeed

that being said, I'm very bothered by those comparisons - he's either hoping old time fans come back and pre-order deformity early, or it's my guess with scrapped nil sessions.

My favorite albums of theirs are NIL and DIM so I'm excited that they have drawn influence from one of those. Also, I didn't mind Stacker Rubbish's sound too much...I felt the singles were good at least (especially Hyena and Filth and the Beauty)...very catchy songs....so this isn't a bad thing to me at all. I doubt it will be leftovers...it'll just sound like it could fit on those albums. I agree with GazeRockSnob...it'll probably have traces of dubba dubba wub wub, but this is all exciting to me!

thank you

I don't think NIL sound needs upgrading in particular - it still sounds better than toxic/division, and it will become even more apparent in the next few years, when wubs gradually fade off

SR was a mess for the most part, so that one won't sell twice indeed

that being said, I'm very bothered by those comparisons - he's either hoping old time fans come back and pre-order deformity early, or it's my guess with scrapped nil sessions.

I agree. I will wait until I get some previews before I decide how accurate Ruki's statements are. Comparing his interviews for previous albums with what we got, I find he exaggerates some points to make the album look better (which is good, if deceptive marketing).

IF everyone (including Reita) composes something on this album, it may turn out to be listenable at least. Ruki's compositions dominated the last two albums. This may mean the other members have actual songs to contribute that they've spent some time on. This may also mean that they'll pull out some ideas from tracks they felt didn't make the cut, but at some point I have to trust that they know what they're doing.

Completely agree with Zess. Also adding that I am more excited if this means a dip back into the old GazettE that everyone supposedly misses.

Here's what I'm hoping for out of this. Maybe, now, Uruha and Aoi will get out of that drastic Drop A tuning and since it's being modeled to the SR/NIL era, they'll get back into Drop C/C# tuning. All of my favorite songs of theirs are in those tunings: Without a Trace, Baretta, Nausea and Shudder,  PLEDGE, Untitled, etc.

If they're going back in time, I'd prefer if it'd be more like NIL than SR, since I absolutely hated SR (apart from Chizuru). The good thing is that Ruki isn't the only one composing. That way hopefully Uruha, Reita and Kai can compose some stuff too and it won't be filled with Ruki's wubwub loving phase. I'd rather not have Aoi compose though, lol. Then again, NIL was so-so for me, I guess I should give up on the thought that they'll ever make something like DIM again.

I really question the composer credits thing. I think it's obvious that this has been Ruki's band since forever, and even if some other bloke gets to do a riff or two, the bulk of the song is still in Ruki's hands. DIVISION had other people composing on paper, but really was any track "oh man this is the Uruha song" or even moderately something that Ruki by no means could have done himself. He's still responsible for the overall sound and the look of the band, and I think that's a crucial aspect, so much so that it doesn't make a difference even if all the credits went to Tomomi. 

I'm not buying Ruki's words for one second. DIVISION was supposed to be all that and new, but when all the riffing was replaced with banal chugging it was sure as shit that everything old was thrown out of the window early on. I'll still like it though, and I'm contempt with it being a new thing instead bowing to the yesteryear of the band. Although if I could have my way, all of their songs would sound like Cassis and Regret.