Which band is better?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Which band is better?

• DEATHGAZE
    • lynch.

DEATHGAZE

VS.

lynch.

Ok, the battle is on! The ghost of Hazuki's past versus Hazuki's future lmao. Which band do you think is better AND WHY?

Ooh, a good one. While I did believe that DEATHGAZE and Lynch. did sound the same, and it was more greatly proved to me after DEATHGAZE's singles prior to their recent album. But, DEATHGAZE bores me. Their recent album, I could swear that every song sounded the same to me and I, to this day, can't distinguish which song is playing. Lynch. however, stimulates me. They have had so many good songs, I always get really into the music when I hear it, and their recent single, LIGHTNING, was really amazing.

Lynch.>DEATHGAZE

Score: 1-0

Personally for me, there is a clear winner, which would be lynch. DEATHGAZE's stuff always sounds very similar in my opinion and their drumming triggers are just very annoying, along with the fact that I think Ai's vocals can be a bit too much sometimes. So yeah, definitely a vote for lynch.

I would have to vote DEATHGAZE. I used to listen to both bands a lot more in the past, but nowadays DEATHGAZE seems like the more consistent one, or at least the band that is closer to my taste. They still manage to do some ass-kickin' stuff, while lynch has come to the point where I wouldn't even put on their (recent) songs as background music.

I'd go for Deathgaze~ So far their releases are in my opinion better than lynch. but I still like lynch. though~ ;3

There are some songs by Deathgaze that kept my attention~ so ^_^)

I'll go for DEATHGAZE. I could never get into lynch. but I really like DEATHGAZE. I like Hazuki's voice but Ai is as great and as a band I like DEATHGAZE's sound better.

Deathgaze is more of a Slipknot cover band with steroids put all over on constant triggerfests...which sound THE SAME.

Of course I will go with Lynch. :wink: Their songs have some difference in between unlike those by ghosts of Hazuki's past...

Going with lynch. DEATHGAZE plays the same two songs over and over again with drums that sound like quarters clacking against a marble floor. lynch. may be all over the place and inconsistent with their style, but at least they've proven that they can do more than one type of song.

Plus DEATHGAZE hasn't even come close to replicating greedy dead souls, and that was 8 years ago.

Plus DEATHGAZE hasn't even come close to replicating greedy dead souls, and that was 8 years ago.

You mean lynch? (since that's a lynch. album) ...or I'm misunderstanding something. xD

edit: oh or you mean DEATHGAZE hasn't made an album as memorable as lynch's first one? Nevermind. *tired*

For me Lynch is the winner here ~

Hatsukis voice is just unique and allready their first album flashed me away...

DEATHGAZE is really cool too... but many songs are just to similar to each other and Lynch has the way cooler and more emotinal live show... and while DEATHGAZE seems not to change in any way... Lynch trys new stuff and get better and better ~

DING DING

LYNCH WINS !

Lynch all the way. Lynch may release some bad and average songs, but at least they're not releasing the same damn nu metal song with bad vocals singing the typical visual kei chorus every month. And people still buy it, welp.

I must say Deathgaze.

I've been listening to both lynch and Deathgaze since a lot of time, i've bought every release. I understand what some people say about the repetitive sound on Deathgaze, at least i thought the same for their latest album "creature". But in this album they tried new stuffs, like suicide dance or even disgusting eye; those songs sound so different to what they use to make.

In the case of lynch. On their latest album; "inferiority complex" release... a lot of the songs sound just about the same, it's in this one where i can't seem to distinguish which song is playing...

I'll say that lynch. beats Deathgaze in matter of album releases, but Deathgaze in matter of single releases.

I agree that greedy dead souls is by far the best album of lynch. and i would go for mirrors as their best single

Whilst "Bliss out" being Deathgaze's best album and probably "blood" the best single. But we will have to wait for "Dead Blaze" to come out :P

I agree with all the opinions, but don't bash each other bands... i think both of them are the best.

Deathgaze is extremely boring to me.

while i dont listen to lynch. much anymore either, i'll still say i'd rather enjoy listening to lynch. than to Deathgaze

I never really got DEATHGAZE's appeal, especially their post-Hazuki releases. While I haven't listened to lynch. in a long time, they were pretty damn great from 2004 to 2007, so I voted for them.

DEATHGAZE, no doubt about it!

lynch were pretty decent a few years back, but their recent material just sounds so dull and boring... like they're slacking off..

DEATHGAZE have yet to disappoint me. I can't name a single song i don't like from them, they stay true to their sound, while still improving!

I've always liked Lynch. more even though I haven't listened to everything they've ever released. I really liked "Adore" and their "I Believe in Me" era works.

I never really got into Deathgaze aside from like 2~3 songs since Groove Metal really is not for me. It's not even a vkei-thing, I don't like Western bands of that genre either.

Deathgaze wins, but only slightly. I feel both bands as of late have been rehashing the same thing over and over again. I can't tell a new Deathgaze song from their previous songs and the same goes for lynch. As of late Deathgaze has rehashed the same style of song. lynch has not only rehashed the same song, but has been boring in doing so. It's like they just go into the studio and the first thing that comes to mind, that's what it is. This is why Deathgaze gets the advantage.

This one was easier than the Versailles vs. D question. Deathgaze. No doubt.

While I enjoy Lynch and can agree that there is a certain level of similarity between the two bands, I just adore Ai's voice. His screams and his singing are so freaking PERFECT and POWERFUL that I just can't get enough. While Lynch... Doesn't give me the same rush.

lynch. hands down. They had their nu metal RAAWWRR period and now they managed to get the best extreme pop-metal sound (what?) they could get, the voice of Hazuki is just 1000 times better than deathgaze (except for the first mini cd LOL).

And did you listen the last lynch. single? The b-side seems like an old Luna Sea song, how could I don't love them?

I'd choose lynch. They're still one of my favourite japanese bands, and despite that there recent stuff are far from what they had accomplished in the past, they've never release anything bad in my eyes.

Some years ago I really liked DEATHGAZE too, but the songs they have been releasing for years are sound the same imo Sometimes I still enjoy their music, but can't really praise them anymore (although I think there last album was better than BLISS OUT, so that can be a good sign to me).

lynch, no questions asked. Maybe a few years ago I would have maybe had a tougher time, but Deathgaze really hasn't put anything great out for a while. There have been some crap lynch. albums,b ut I always feel like they recover right after and put out something great.

so i voted for lynch some time ago. i'm gonna say the same thing as others.

although i like deathgaze style lately and i have tried to listen to them few times i find

none of their songs stands out really. so they are boring for me.

i am very disappointed with lynch last albums but their older albums had many songs that stand out

and were pretty awesome.

lynch.'s last two releases were their weackest so far(yes I'm reffering to "I believe in me" and "Mirrors") but DEATHGAZE''s last two releases the same an album"Creature" and a single"DEAD BLAZE" were much better than lynch.'s major releases. In my opinion "I believe in me" and "Mirrors" sounded like a heavier version of L'Arc~en~Ciel, also HAZUKI looks alot like Hyde in the PV. Tuned down their heavy sound for a more generic major sound(in my opinion).

^ lynch.'s last two releases were INFERIORITY COMPLEX (album) and LIGHTNING (single). 99% of people here think their 2011 releases (the two you've mentioned) were much better than these last two, but if you miss their heavy sound, you should check IC.

Sign in to follow this