zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

6 minutes ago, IGM_Oficial said:

Tuned on some random Japanese radio stations... and they're playing Brazilian music

comment_wDpRtb8i2HHWSH00DfRd5mJKWqtx1rvW

The only way that makes sense is because there are plenty of Brazilian Japanese people in Japan because plenty of Japanese left Japan and moved to Brazil back during WW2.

@secret_no_03 This is correct. Brazil has had the highest concentration of Japanese immigrants in all of the world for some time.

I did some digging a while back cuz I found out that I'm either 1/5 Japanese or Chinese on my mom's side. Apparently Mexico had a large migration of Japanese and Chinese immigrants at some point, and most of central Mexico eventually became mixed race in some way (mom is from there too). If you know the singer Ana Gabriel (1/2 chinese), then you can pretty much guess what my mom actually looks like, as she's been asked on the street if she was related to her lol.

6 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

@secret_no_03 This is correct. Brazil has had the highest concentration of Japanese immigrants in all of the world for some time.

I did some digging a while back cuz I found out that I'm either 1/5 Japanese or Chinese on my mom's side. Apparently Mexico had a large migration of Japanese and Chinese immigrants at some point, and most of central Mexico eventually became mixed race in some way (mom is from there too). If you know the singer Ana Gabriel (1/2 chinese), then you can pretty much guess what my mom actually looks like, as she's been asked on the street if she was related to her lol.

For the longest time the migrant and immigrant, ie the blue collar jobs in Japan were done by Brazilian immigrants until they decided on needing an influx of foreign workers for next year's Olympics.

* looks for glasses*

*remembers that I sat on them yesterday*

ffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuujbvakhfjslbgsb;al'ebal;hf

:tw_joy::tw_joy::tw_lol::tw_lol::tw_tired:

also, I drowned my $400 Maison Martin Margiela sunglasses in a kayaking incident this Thursday... other than that, it was a great trip! /laughsbutalsocries

I'm oscillating between "it's just a material thing" and "I'll never have such a perfect pair of sunglasses EVER again kill me now".

Edited by spockitty

3 minutes ago, spockitty said:

also, I drowned my $400 Maison Martin Margiela sunglasses in a kayaking incident this Thursday... other than that, it was a great trip! /laughsbutalsocries

I actually went to one of Gustavo Dudamel's concerts when I was a kid. It was fantastic!

Also, that sucks to hear about your sunglasses ;-;

1 minute ago, Gesu said:

I actually went to one of Gustavo Dudamel's concerts when I was a kid. It was fantastic!

Also, that sucks to hear about your sunglasses ;-;

oooh that's amazing! I used to go to classical concerts/shows pretty regularly years back, I really miss it.

the last one I saw was I think Yann Tiersen? and dude was hiiiigh XD 

been on the verge of crushing on a completely unobtainable person lately. must just be the universe telling me to never love again lol

4 hours ago, itsukoii said:

been on the verge of crushing on a completely unobtainable person lately. must just be the universe telling me to never love again lol

that's your mind telling you that you aren't busy enough. be careful not to idolize the person or your crush will crush you when you find out that who they are isn't who you thought they'd be.

ValuablePlayfulInganue-size_restricted.g

So fucking awful, I'm so fucking crushed, and now totally see why they haven't released a DVD. Clearly there's a lot of post-production going into their stuff. 💔

8 hours ago, Zeus said:

that's your mind telling you that you aren't busy enough. be careful not to idolize the person or your crush will crush you when you find out that who they are isn't who you thought they'd be.

no, i'm quite busy, and i'm sure the crush stemmed from the later period in my relationship where my mind went "hey you're in a real shitty relationship, look at this other person that you get along with really well and treats you better than your partner does, develop feelings". but as i said, it's never been a complete crush and i doubt it will be, because they're unobtainable anyway due to their orientation and my only option is to suppress it (plus, relationships now terrify me)

Edited by itsukoii

1 minute ago, itsukoii said:

no, i'm quite busy, and i'm sure the crush stemmed from the later period in my relationship where my mind went "hey you're in a real shitty relationship, look at this other person that you get along with really well and treats you better than your partner does, develop feelings". but as i said, it's never been a complete crush and i doubt it will be, because they're unobtainable anyway and my only option is to suppress it (plus, relationships now terrify me)

look up dealing w. rebound relationships

17 minutes ago, itsukoii said:

no, i'm quite busy, and i'm sure the crush stemmed from the later period in my relationship where my mind went "hey you're in a real shitty relationship, look at this other person that you get along with really well and treats you better than your partner does, develop feelings". but as i said, it's never been a complete crush and i doubt it will be, because they're unobtainable anyway due to their orientation and my only option is to suppress it (plus, relationships now terrify me)

You may be busy, but your mind can wander. At least mine has the propensity to. I thought I was busy until life kicked me in the gonads so hard I didn't have time to worry or think. I just had time to do. I was in survival mode then. Before I knew it, I went two years without thinking about relationships in the most neutral zen state of mind ever and because of that I stumbled into my current relationship. By that point, I didn't even want it. It was hell, but it was also tranquil. I don't suggest you put yourself through hell to suppress your feelings, but just beware of where your mind wanders when it goes off. It can come back with thoughts and feelings you don't need and aren't prepared for. 

1 hour ago, platy said:

I just wanna start watching Jojo already. 

.... what's stopping you?

Shit's gonna be a binge, just a warning.

I'm going through my Facebook nuking any trace of my thoughts because I'm not in the business of digital archaeologists of the future digging through my records because they have a bone to pick with me, and I'm surprised by how much the ancient contents of my news feed are a graveyard of dead links. Some of the links don't even indicate what the content originally was, and there are some links that look live and lead nowhere. It is interesting how we take for granted that things stay around on the internet, but clearly only certain things stay around. It will be troubling in the future to go back and find news articles about events that are happening today if companies can purge articles from their website once they figure they aren't making enough money off of it. 

It's actually been a year now since I moved to live alone. I can't believe how time flies. Or how comfortable I am being alone and dedicating myself to my hobby. Maybe I'm meant to be alone? Am I going to be alone forever? Could there possibly be someone I could be fully comfortable with that would understand my quirks? Do I even want that? How am I so easily over a ten year long relationship that even ended in me being the one that was dumped out of the blue?

I'm such an asshole for ghosting people who tried to start real relationships with me.

1 hour ago, YuyoDrift said:

.... what's stopping you?

Shit's gonna be a binge, just a warning.

I'm trying to clear some of my ongoing series, like hero academia. But I feel jojo's call. All I've seen is memes and character entrances from the game and holy shit... I resonate with this on a deep level.