zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

Just now, Triangle said:

Honestly these don’t surprise me anymore 😂😂. The shiba inu is an ongoing joke and I’m happy he finally embraced the fact that he resembles one 😂

Lol, it was mainly the juxtaposition of the plushie and the bracelet that reads "I am Miya I am sadness" that made me laugh, but I don't follow MUCC closely enough to know if that's a regular slogan of his as well.

5 minutes ago, violetchain said:

Lol, it was mainly the juxtaposition of the plushie and the bracelet that reads "I am Miya I am sadness" that made me laugh, but I don't follow MUCC closely enough to know if that's a regular slogan of his as well.

His English is one of a kind 😂😂. My favourite is the Tshirt that reads “I am sadness from anger”. I’ve never related so much with a Tshirt 😂 

29 years on this earth and I'd never had a Cobb salad until a few days ago, they're now my favorite salad. I guess I always avoided them because the idea of eggs in salad is weird to me, like I've never been one for egg salad, but I like eggs in Amish potato salad. 

It really sucks to spend time putting together a mix for a trade-off and then not getting a review. If it were once in a blue moon I'd let it slide, but this is the seventh time I've participated and haven't gotten a review back and it's starting to piss me off.

16 minutes ago, Zeus said:

It really sucks to spend time putting together a mix for a trade-off and then not getting a review. If it were once in a blue moon I'd let it slide, but this is the seventh time I've participated and haven't gotten a review back and it's starting to piss me off.

This is why I dont participate in these things I'm the flakiest and biggest procrastinator ever, why would I ruin this sort of stuff for others lol

20 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I don’t join if I don’t feel dedicated to the theme. I suppose a lot of people do...

There’s not really a way to implement some harsher rules, is there? At least I don’t see it making sense on a free forum like this. 

1 minute ago, Lestat said:

There’s not really a way to implement some harsher rules, is there?

Consistent flakers get a Teletubbies on steroids profile pic that they can't change (srsly, I loved that punishment)

1 minute ago, spockitty said:

I don't know what's going on but I'm both creeped out and reluctantly impressed.

Same, I just liked the Final Fantasy music lol

5 hours ago, Lestat said:

I don’t join if I don’t feel dedicated to the theme. I suppose a lot of people do...

There’s not really a way to implement some harsher rules, is there? At least I don’t see it making sense on a free forum like this. 

The more rules there are, the less participation there tends to be. Even simple themes get more attention than complicated ones. We are reflecting on a few ideas of what to do next, but we want to be careful and not ruin a good thing. But then again, members not holding up their end of the bargain also ruins the experience.

Some random thoughts I had while out walking this morning...

It's easy to see the negative effects that human beings have had on nature and wildlife...on our environment....but I don't think many people realize that other people are part of our environment too.  Probably because we can't always actually "see" the effects as viscerally as, say, an oil spill. but that doesn't mean our words and actions have no effect. It's essentially a spiritual matter, and altho spiritual matters can't be seen, they can be discerned. Just like you can't see the wind, but you can discern the effects of it ---> the natural world is simply a reflection of the spiritual. So in like manner, the way we interact with our material environment has the same implications of how we interact with the "spiritual environment" of other human beings. Everything we say, do, and don't do - affects others.

It's all too easy to litter in the minds of others, to trample over the gardens of the heart, and to dump our toxic waste into the deep waters of the spirit. But the opposite is also true...we can help each other pull up those weeds, we can water each other, we can plant seeds of positivity and love. We can take what was made ugly, and make it beautiful again. We can take what was made filthy, and make it clean again. We can take what was made desolate, and make it abundant again. We can take what was made depressed and lifeless, and fill it with joy and meaning again.

Or we can simply tend to our own yards, and watch the rest go to hell. Either way, how we choose to interact with our environment is up to us. In the beginning, The Most High created light and separated it from darkness. He also made male and female in his own image - so we have that same ability - to separate light from darkness, order from chaos, and good from evil in our own lives. We can choose the manner in which we want to operate in our environments - whether it be for better or worse.

Being aware of the fact that you DON'T have to be an environmental toxin is one thing. But actually living your life trying NOT to be...well, that's what truly being conscious is.  And it don't really get no "woker" than that. Everything beyond that is just vanity. Be eco-friendly :lol:

4 hours ago, CAT5 said:

Some random thoughts I had while out walking this morning...

It's easy to see the negative effects that human beings have had on nature and wildlife...on our environment....but I don't think many people realize that other people are part of our environment too.  Probably because we can't always actually "see" the effects as viscerally as, say, an oil spill. but that doesn't mean our words and actions have no effect. It's essentially a spiritual matter, and altho spiritual matters can't be seen, they can be discerned. Just like you can't see the wind, but you can discern the effects of it ---> the natural world is simply a reflection of the spiritual. So in like manner, the way we interact with our material environment has the same implications of how we interact with the "spiritual environment" of other human beings. Everything we say, do, and don't do - affects others.

It's all too easy to litter in the minds of others, to trample over the gardens of the heart, and to dump our toxic waste into the deep waters of the spirit. But the opposite is also true...we can help each other pull up those weeds, we can water each other, we can plant seeds of positivity and love. We can take what was made ugly, and make it beautiful again. We can take what was made filthy, and make it clean again. We can take what was made desolate, and make it abundant again. We can take what was made depressed and lifeless, and fill it with joy and meaning again.

Or we can simply tend to our own yards, and watch the rest go to hell. Either way, how we choose to interact with our environment is up to us. In the beginning, The Most High created light and separated it from darkness. He also made male and female in his own image - so we have that same ability - to separate light from darkness, order from chaos, and good from evil in our own lives. We can choose the manner in which we want to operate in our environments - whether it be for better or worse.

Being aware of the fact that you DON'T have to be an environmental toxin is one thing. But actually living your life trying NOT to be...well, that's what truly being conscious is.  And it don't really get no "woker" than that. Everything beyond that is just vanity. Be eco-friendly :lol:

Dude, can you please start a podcast or blog or something? I love reading your musings, for real 😊

There's a Japanese minimalist on YouTube who eats one meal a day, is vegan, sleeps five hours a day, doesn't shower and used to upload videos every day, but hasn't made one in a month and he deleted his Twitter. He initially said he was going to try it for 3 months. I'm thinking he's either dead or in hospital. 😅

Yooo, just had one of the best hauls of  material for art stuff  I've ever had.. Like a good twenty books or so, as well as some extremely vintage magazines, postcards and stuff.  Girlfriend and I were allowed to go into the local printing museum's storage and go crate digging for some stuff, quite a bunch of it would've been pulped otherwise. 

Edited by Tokage

11 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

03%20cicada%20HR_s.jpg

"Seventeen year. No promotion.

Human resources say cicada not human. 

Need no resources. 

Tok Tok Tok!"

Fantastic book.  Credits to artist and author Shaun Tan

7/21 Paxton: 7 R (4 ER)

7/22 Sabathia: 7 R (6 ER)

7/23 German: 8 ER 

7/24 Happ: 6 ER

7/25 Tanaka: 7 ER (so far)

What in the fuck is going on with the Yankees.

-https://twitter.com/SavedYouAClickV?s=09

So useful

-Shuji was perfect for EX-ANS and La Nuit is a masterpiece.

-The more I listen to DIMLIM the more I slowly come around.

Ian Curtis (Joy Division) (RIP) had a fucking awful, miserable existence once he developed epilepsy. Strange he didn't develop it until he was 20.

-

-

???? 

2 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

7/21 Paxton: 7 R (4 ER)

7/22 Sabathia: 7 R (6 ER)

7/23 German: 8 ER 

7/24 Happ: 6 ER

7/25 Tanaka: 7 ER (so far)

What in the fuck is going on with the Yankees.

I turned off the game after the 1st inning and went to play minecraft 

2 minutes ago, chipathy said:

I turned off the game after the 1st inning and went to play minecraft 

He gave up 12 runs, they let him stay in there and give up 12 fucking runs, that one off of the record held by a guy in the fucking Roaring Twenty's. I haven't paid much attention to baseball this year, and now I'm kind of glad, the only saving grace is that they're pretty far behind and will surely snap the losing streak. On a side note, poor fucking Seattle, acquiring Yusei Kikuchi from Seibu didn't help one bit. 

1 minute ago, secret_no_03 said:

He gave up 12 runs, they let him stay in there and give up 12 fucking runs,

The game was already a lost cause they just tried to milk as many innings from him cause this is barely game 1 of a 4 game series and the bullpen also got used up alot the last 3 or 4 days in Minnesota 

1 minute ago, chipathy said:

The game was already a lost cause they just tried to milk as many innings from him cause this is barely game 1 of a 4 game series and the bullpen also got used up alot the last 3 or 4 days in Minnesota 

Now it makes more sense.