zombie8mylunch

random thoughts thread

Crying because the JET coordinator for my area is just... amazing? She scared the crap out of me during the first interview I did with them and then when I met her at one of the workshops she seemed to really like me. She  emailed me today asking if I want to meet one on one to discuss things for the next application cycle. I'm very... touched.

Edited by jiji94

2 hours ago, jiji94 said:

Crying because the JET coordinator for my area is just... amazing? She scared the crap out of me during the first interview I did with them and then when I met her at one of the workshops she seemed to really like me. She  emailed me today asking if I want to meet one on one to discuss things for the next application cycle. I'm very... touched.

go off sis get that shmoney i believe in U

1 hour ago, emmny said:

go off sis get that shmoney i believe in U

fanks~ I've been put in purgatory twice but it's nice having people who work for them who care and genuinely want to help you get in and get dat shmoney.

so does life get better after high school lol

31 minutes ago, itsukoii said:

I hear for some it turns out good for real, but I consider that just a myth. I have yet to find a happy person.

38 minutes ago, itsukoii said:

Yes and no. 

Mostly no. (but depends how you look at it and how successful you can make yourself) 

One of my coworkers awkwardly asked me out on a date and I started laughing nervously and answered him with deafening silence.

Am I doing rejection right? 

13 minutes ago, jiji94 said:

One of my coworkers awkwardly asked me out on a date and I started laughing nervously and answered him with deafening silence.

Am I doing rejection right? 

If it makes you feel any better, once someone asked me out and I had a full blown panic attack right there and then....

Fun times

7 minutes ago, Muma said:

If it makes you feel any better, once someone asked me out and I had a full blown panic attack right there and then....

Fun times

Oh no.. D: I've never been hit on or asked out that much, but once some guy tried to hit on me in the middle of a bookstore. He started going off about how popular his Naruto fanfiction was at the same time.

I started crying. 

I've also randomly been asked out on the street once and legit ran away. 

4 minutes ago, jiji94 said:

Oh no.. D: I've never been hit on or asked out that much, but once some guy tried to hit on me in the middle of a bookstore. He started going off about how popular his Naruto fanfiction was at the same time.

Ahh I've not been asked out at all before that time and I just panicked....a little too much and too visibly xD

Also God that sounds like one of the worst kinds of people to be hit on by :tw_confounded:

49 minutes ago, Muma said:

Ahh I've not been asked out at all before that time and I just panicked....a little too much and too visibly xD

Also God that sounds like one of the worst kinds of people to be hit on by :tw_confounded:

My sister and mother were standing ten feet away behind him, covering their mouths and laughing. 

EDIT: On a side note, I just sort of ditched my weekend plans in October to see one of my best friends to go to a boy band concert. Oops. I sent her a bunch of siren emojis so she knows. As long as I can.. get that.. ticket.. I have to fly to go to the concert but *worth it*... I was already planning a weekend trip to get the eff outta here for a few days and it couldn't have been announced at a better time.

Edited by jiji94

So much random shit on my mind, but the main one atm is:

How can you go and complain about something that will screw you over, regardless of who you blame for it?

Are people that fucking stupid?

I still find it kind of puzzling that despite Jesse from RIZE speaking fluent English the best name they could come up with for fans of his other band The BONEZ was "Boners".

On 8/29/2017 at 1:27 PM, itsukoii said:

No, but at least you will have more chances to be alone and not around people who make you want to become a serial killer all the time.

41 minutes ago, violetchain said:

I still find it kind of puzzling that despite Jesse from RIZE speaking fluent English the best name they could come up with for fans of his other band The BONEZ was "Boners".

sounds completely intentional and i'd love to call myself a Proud Boner

On 27.8.2017 at 5:42 PM, chocobuzz said:

I'll be starting my studies in a university of applied sciences (I think that's what it's called in english...) tomorrow and I don't really know how I'm feeling about it. I don't know anyone from there, I have no idea how anything there works or what I'm supposed to do or how I should prepare myself, and I barely even know where the whole place is. So I'm obviously quite nervous about it but at the same time I'm still feeling a little, I don't know, excited maybe? It's a weird feeling.

I hope everything worked out fine for you!

Also, don't worry, everyone around you is probably as clueless as you are...usually all the newbies help each other out. University can be hard at times but I found it to be the most amazing time in my life so far. You can meet so many different people from all over the world, enjoy yourself without the restrictions of strict working hours. And, hey, you're definitely studying the right thing....science, wow! Your career chances will probably be splendid. I wish my brain and science had agreed in school, so I could be one of the cool science kids (a few of my friends and I once pondered studying in the library for maths and science, just so that people would think we were incredibly smart.)

Good luck to you :)

Edited by AwesomeNyappy

My coworkers are determined to "break" me and make me talk a lot/be extremely silly. Wh-what? Why does this happen at every job I get??

They also have been discussing how smart I must be.. which is weird. I got asked what was my high school GPA and it's super high but don't ask me how that happened (also don't look at my university transcripts lol).

Dude who asked me out is trying to add me on Facebook and is very old and has a kid. Nope. Nope. NOPE. 

---

I found out the government has services provided to help adults continue education and cover tuition expenses which is... helpful? There is one certificate course and one short diploma course I want to complete but both are costly af. Good 2 know I have more resources for this shiz than student loans and banks. I still gotta pay outta pocket for another diploma program and a master's but... This better be worth my sanity.

Honestly, at this rate I should consider looking into becoming a professor. But then I remember what professors deal with after getting close with some of mine so haha nope. 

Edited by jiji94

How much would that cost per semester? I know that universities in the UK or the US can be veeery expensive.

I already have a bachelor's degree, but decided to change plans during my master's, so now I'm starting another bachelor's programme (it's related, so I only have to take a few courses to finish it), but my university is located in a federate state that does not provide a second education for free (they will pay for a higher education at any point in your life, but not for, say, 2 bachelor degrees), so now I've changed universities. I did not want to pay 650 euros per semester (+ around 300 euros for the train ticket that my university provided.) But I'll just take a guess that these are peanuts compared to what you would have to pay.

But, I guess, go for it. Education is always valuable.

Edited by AwesomeNyappy

Depends which program of mine you're talking about. lol The certificate course I want to take is only four weeks long but it costs $2500 CAD and sounds super intensive, although there's a part time option for eight or twelve weeks I think for the same cost? 

One diploma course I can't take without work experience first, it's expensive and I'm not sure if it's split into one or two semesters, I need to ask my old boss because she took it online. It takes one year to complete.

The other diploma course I need to contact the school because I have a bachelor's degree so I likely can take the accelerated course, which would save a couple grand, but it's intensive and split into three terms. I may be able to go for a second degree with it but pretty sure I can just jump to an MA or MSW. My undergrad marks aren't so great for the first two years so I'm looking at programs that consider life experience and other stuff besides grades. It'd also give me the experience I need for a ton of jobs I want.

Master's isn't that expensive for the program I really want to take and is split into three semesters in one year. The location is the problem, because it's an expensive city.. MSW would take me two years.

People in the field I want to go into have worked a variety of different jobs and have very varied educational backgrounds. It might not go as planned but I'm just happy I'm excited about school. But not many people go this route and it's so expensive.. I also have a backup course I'm likely taking next year in case these plans don't work out. Because idk I like to torture myself.

10 hours ago, AwesomeNyappy said:

I hope everything worked out fine for you!

Also, don't worry, everyone around you is probably as clueless as you are...usually all the newbies help each other out. University can be hard at times but I found it to be the most amazing time in my life so far. You can meet so many different people from all over the world, enjoy yourself without the restrictions of strict working hours. And, hey, you're definitely studying the right thing....science, wow! Your career chances will probably be splendid. I wish my brain and science had agreed in school, so I could be one of the cool science kids (a few of my friends and I once pondered studying in the library for maths and science, just so that people would think we were incredibly smart.)

Good luck to you :)

Thanks for the encouraging words ^^ My first week there is almost over and I think most of the people there have been very nice and easy to talk to. I'm still a little lost with how everything there works, what I'm supposed to do and where to go but hopefully I'll learn all that quickly, too. Beginnings are always hard, haha.

(I'd like to correct though that I'm not actually studying science, university of applied sciences is just the name of the school/institution or whatever, it's a bit different from an actual university. The whole education system here is just so weird compared to other countries so these translations and all are often a bit misleading and hard to explain... I'm actually studying Business IT there. ^^)

1 hour ago, chocobuzz said:

Thanks for the encouraging words ^^ My first week there is almost over and I think most of the people there have been very nice and easy to talk to. I'm still a little lost with how everything there works, what I'm supposed to do and where to go but hopefully I'll learn all that quickly, too. Beginnings are always hard, haha.

(I'd like to correct though that I'm not actually studying science, university of applied sciences is just the name of the school/institution or whatever, it's a bit different from an actual university. The whole education system here is just so weird compared to other countries so these translations and all are often a bit misleading and hard to explain... I'm actually studying Business IT there. ^^)

Upps, sorry. I actually do know what an university of applied science is, but I was just very tired when I wrote my post....I can actually guess what country you're from ;) But Business IT is great as well! you go! :D

Oh, and don't worry about all the things that you don't know yet. I needed around two or three semesters to finally get settled into university life. At the beginning, it's confusing, not knowing where certain libraries or offices are, but there was always someone around to help.

I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far!

Edited by AwesomeNyappy

"Standing there with my hard on bleedin'
There's a devil in my dick and some demons in my semen"

:'D I never realized how genius lyrics Red Hot Chili Peppers produced, while still under influence

I have interesting internship place... I make other people's Visas and apply for them! So far it's super fun, plus it's different kind of customer service that I am used to. I have worked in grocery stores for years where the main thing is RESULTS. It was funny how in this place they complained that it was really busy day - I felt like I could have naps between each customer. Also, in the past four days I have made visas for three different bands for their tours :DD

Edited by allisapp

Can't tell any names, of course, but two of the bands combined has over 600k listeners on Spotify! :D Would have expected a manager or someone to bring the applications, but looks like some people want to do it by themselves.