evilcoconut

What did you last eat?

I'm making gaeng ped atm, "vegetarian", kind of haha... not really but w/e

It's fake chicken made of qourn, red curry paste, onion, red pepper, red chili, parsley and chives that I wok in a pan

Added coconut milk, fish sauce,chicken broth, palm sugar and lime juice. Bring it to a boil and it's done.

Added some more parsley to it, didn't have that much vegetables because it's too expensive haha, should be broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, bamboo shots and sugar snaps in it too but whatever haha :(

Served it with jasmine rice omnom

Edited by MAGORiA

@MAGORiA - My God, that looks beautiful. I really don't cook/eat enough varied food and I think it might be why I'm so thin (and not really in a good way) but I can never buy that many ingredients because they all go off before I can eat them. It's kind of a catch-22; I'm nearly underweight because I don't eat that much but I can't eat that much because of how thin I am 😢 how do you keep everything so fresh?

Also I just ate a Big Mac lmao

14 minutes ago, Gesu said:

@MAGORiA - My God, that looks beautiful. I really don't cook/eat enough varied food and I think it might be why I'm so thin (and not really in a good way) but I can never buy that many ingredients because they all go off before I can eat them. It's kind of a catch-22; I'm nearly underweight because I don't eat that much but I can't eat that much because of how thin I am 😢 how do you keep everything so fresh?

Oooh hmm :o fish sauce and curry paste is fresh for many months, or years haha so that is good ingredients

same thing when it comes to broth, I use the powder ones that you mix with water haha

I usually freeze my food in the freezer so that I can eat it during the week. Usually I make a huuuge meal enough for a whole week, that way you save money actually ❤️

Frozen vegetables is great if you live alone or don't eat that much. I prefer fresh vegetables tho but I just buy enough for the cooking so nothings goes to waste ❤️

Meat is expensive and doesn't last that long unless it's frozen. I prefer vegan options because they last longer and doesn't go dangerously bad like meat does 😂 I keep it in the freezer and just use enough for the meal. Vegan options are very cheap so if you don't manage to eat it all, it's not that wasteful when it comes to the economical part. You can also use cauliflower instead of meat, very cheap and you can fry it, boil it and stuff! Very healthy and you feel full from a very small amount ❤️ you can even shred it and use it instead of rice.

Vegan options for meat doesn't usually taste that good on it own. I usually treat it like real meat, put it in marinade and cook it with broth to give it a meaty flavour!

Coconut milk or cream in cans last for a very long time, many years! Canned food also. Test different kinds of canned vegetables etc and you will find some favourites.

Rice, pasta, onion, potato, carrots etc also lasts for a very long time!

If you want more varied food I suggest you to look up different recipes using the same ingredients, that way you don't need to buy that much food and you can cook different meals from the same ingredients ❤️

I used to be very thin too, I found it easier to eat soup back then, maybe try that? Soups are very easy to make, just put in whatever you like in some vegetable or meat broth and water. You can even use cream, coconut milk or regular milk to make the soup thicker and that makes you more full

I usually drink vegetable broth and eat some crackers or fruit for breakfast or whenever I feel hungry, I only eat one "real" meal a day with rice, potato etc haha

So hmmm.... just buy food once a week and plan your meals ❤️ usually in recipes they tell you how many servings you get out of the recipe, that's good because you will now how many days it will last you ❤️

On 2/5/2020 at 7:38 PM, Gesu said:

Oops haha, forgot to write lol

In the weekend I usually eat more fresh stuff!

My favourite weekend food, fresh sliced mango and chicken drumsticks with a nice salad and creme fraiche/yoghurt dip with mango chutney and curry flavour

I also love gratin with potato strips, mozzarella, herbs, garlic etc haha

Find some fun recipes or make up your own using stuff you love ❤️❤️❤️

Edited by MAGORiA