bonsaijodelfisch

Bonsai's random song-overview

so hello there,

so i've been making music for quite a while now and since most of it is somewhat influenced by all the japanese stuff i'm finding here on the board i figured i'd perhaps ask around here for some input.
any feedback very much appreciated (exept for the negative parts of course :P )

here's sort of an overview of my works so far:

Song: [WhoNeedsAmplifiers]
Genre: Funk-Metal, Hard-Rock
Sounds like: hmmn, perhaps a little bit gazette-ish in the droptuned parts

This one got re-done tons of times but is sort of my favorite, like the riffs here.
one of two songs with a real drummer

-----

Song: Casual Paranoia
Genre: Power Metal (-ish?)
Sounds like: Sex Machineguns with again a hint of Gazette (Headache Man anyone?)

I wanted to do something really "metal" for one, but ended up with this. as always added tons of freakishness (played beerbottle and such...)

-----

Song: The Fall Of Reason
Genre: Classical, Pop, Kitsch
Sounds like: Tragic Drama-Music of sort

actually wanted to do a pop-ballad of sorts, but i guess due to my classical education it turned out much more classical than i wanted, still like it though

-----

Song: Horrible City
Genre: Indie-Rock, Garage-Rock
Sounds like: The Unique Star

my only own track with vocals so far. this is one of two tracks, where i (as not a drummer) tried to learn drumprogramming,
by reprogramming a preexisting Track (Unique Stars 不敵な笑みを浮かべる日) and building another Song on top of it.

-----

Song: Alienmovie-Outro
Genre: Filmmusic
Sounds like: Wannabe Hans-Zimmer Inception

A Music i did for an animated ScienceFiction shortmovie with good aliens/dinosaurs and bad humans (*coughavatar*). pretty short, like the movie...

-----

still here? that's nice of you...

-----

Song: [strangeCircus]-core
Genre: Rock'nRoll, Metalcore
Sounds like: Something and Crossfaith and something else

the other track with the Drumprogramschool-approach. took crossfaiths drums from

for once wanted to do a really mean-sounding brutal-electro thingy. mom cried when she heard it :P

-----

Song: Noise-cancelling - cancelling
Genre: Postrock, Noise, Drone
Sounds like: 101A, Dir En Grey, boris

my latest try. i suggest headphones for that one, and go easy on the volume...

and the last one, again from the funk-metal corner

-----

Song: すっげえ
Genre: Funk-Metal, Hard-Rock
Sounds like: don't really know something that sounds close, but i'd like, suggestions?

the other Track with a real drummer/drums, also i got some "real" guitarist to play a solo for me, since i personally can't play guitars for shit (it takes me dozens of takes to play those other simple things you've heard so far :P)

so, thanks a ton if you actually listened to some of it (or even, god beware, all of it) and thanks an additional ton in advance, if you'd give some feedback :domo:

Edit: also those "genre" and "sounds like descriptions are of course highly subjective ^^

Wow, that's what I call a talented composer. I'm really impressed by all of your stuff, so you had a classical education? I especially like Noise cancelling, the shock effect when the real noise comes in is really great :D WhoNeedsAmplifiers, The Fall Of Reason (I'm a sucker for everything with piano ;D), clipp and Casual Paranoia are pretty cool too, do you have any solo albums yet? And do you play all the instruments yourself?

Didn't listen to all of your stuff yet though, but what I heard so far seemed without any exception very well composed although there are of course some genres I like lesser than others.

thanks a lot for the reply ^^

yeah, for some strange reason i did my diploma in classical saxophone... don't ask, i don't know why either -.-

i don't really have an album out yet, but i guess one could call those 14 soundcloud-tracks my first album (they're all free for download btw)

in general i play all of the instruments myself, although drums are most of the time a drumsampler, but i have some sort of "guestmusicians" :D

whoneedsamplifiers: bass and drums are from friends

すっげえ: drums and guitar-solo are from friends

the rest is narcissistic intrument-wanking by myself :P

as for the near future i have to do some exam-projects for university, so i plan to do a proper recording of "strange-circus" aswell as a surround production of "celebrating drop-e" with two simultanious drummers (the ones from the tracks above actually), curious about that ^^

it's been a while
so due to annoying weather and beeing bored to hell despite shitloads of work that i'm supposed to do i made a new track suiting the atmosphere :P

-----------------------------
Song: Full House
Genre: Stoner-Doom with a little bit drone
Sounds Like: Boris, Knellt, Sunn o)))

or here

i'm actually a little bit proud of this one. i like it, which doesn't happen often ^^

finally managed to finish the mixing of the new recording with the two simultanious drummers.
this turned out to be a whole lot more difficult than expected actually. a real pain in the neck to get the two drumkits to go well together...
the song is pretty much the same as the "celebrating Drop-E", just with more goodness :D
(two drummers, guitars and bass dropped one octave...)

Song: Droptuner
Genre: Stoner-Doom, Postrock/-metal
Sounds Like: Boris, Knellt, Melvins

and for the heck of it a few pics from the recording

--------------

i'm so hipster, making pseudoinstagram vintagelook with photoshop6 like it's the fucking stone-age...

Since ChugChug-Metal seems the be the hot shit since quite some time in the heavy-corner I chugged myself away into Djent-territory aswell, failing miserably and then deciding to nevertheless finish the song due to it's stupid character. i actually like it after all (perhaps even better than "conventional" djent :P)

Song: Let Me Eat Your Sandwiches
Genre: Djent
Sounds Like: Meshuggah (hmmn, perhaps :Umno: ), ChugChugChug

if i played any life-shows i guess this would be a fun song to play...

oioi,

long time no updates, but today i have a VIDEO!! (woohooo, *claps...)

basically was just screwing around with my cigarbox guitar and wondering if some djent-y cover would be possible on that kind of guitar.

demetori came to mind, so here is a Crazy Xenomorph full cover :) on 3string Cigarbox and pink SG

i did music again!!

back to something original this time...

i guess one notices i've been listening to worlds end girlfriend a LOT recently...

Song: Satin Lullaby
Genre: Ambient, Noise
Sounds Like: Worlds End Girlfriend / Boris

A late reaction but I have to say that I really like Satin Lullaby. I like how it's sweet and dirty at the same time.

A late reaction but I have to say that I really like Satin Lullaby. I like how it's sweet and dirty at the same time.

late reaction to a late reaction :D thanks a lot, glad you like it, that sweet+dirty was exactly the intention :)

now for something small and new.

as it happens i have an ukulele here right now and oviously i had to try to learn it and make a track out of it. this is what it resulted in (includes a carboard-box as bassdrum, a bucket full of bottlecaps + tambourine as snare, a shaker, and the cigarbox as bassguitar :P )

Song: Bo-Tah-Fly

Genre: Jazz, Hillbilly

Sounds Like: Shit

You have a new fan! Just went through this thread! Very awesome music! I like how a lot of your songs have this funky vibe to them. Even the ending of Let Me Eat Your Sandwiches Chug FEST has it! Very awesome music! If you made a CD, I totally would buy it and fan boy over you lol

whoa thanks man! that totally made my day :D

all of the songs are downloadable btw on soundcloud, so although they're not tagged or anything one could make one's personal "Best-of" of it i guess ^^

also a CD release (or probably free Bandcamp) is actually planned for sometime this summer, but with a Funkband of mine (think a mixture of tower of power and jamiroquai of sorts) so it's a little bit of a different cup of tea :P

ok it's been a while, but it looks as if the long in the making project of my Funkband would finally come to a close :D

as we're playing a Gig this weekend i created an Album Trailer from some random video-shots we did while the recording. it teases a few songs (not the best, but the only ones with a bit of video-reference to them :P)

if anyone of you happens to be in or around Aachen/Germany this Weekend i'd be more than happy if you'd come by :P (but i doubt it^^ still hey, it's free...)

Video

well, time to test out that new soundcloud code of yours monsieur le MH...

this was my bachelors-project. originally this is a mix in 9.1 Three-Dimensional-Surround

auro91.jpg

now for us mere mortals I did a stereo-mix aswell, although that's obviously not nearly as impressive as the full thing :)

nonetheless i would recommend good headphones to listen to it, also: more loud = more good :D

i just found some pretty old project of mine on an external HD which is probably about 2010-ish and uploaded it, as i find it pretty decent actually. if i remember correctly this is heavily inspired by MUCC - Soushin no Koe (?)

very distorted, gloomy dark rock stuffs

i made something new^^

it's obviously very much "inspired" by some danc-y kpop, tried a bit to learn pop production with that. mad stallion wrote somewhere he tried to make a song in a day. so i tried to do the same :D

here it is, have fun with it :)