Number Girl

The Official "I NEED HELP!" Thread: J-Rock Questions

Hey

The first track of R-Shitei's album VISUAL IS DEAD is called "Misui no Niwa", it's an instrumental song but towards the end you can hear some weird singing/talking.

Can someone tell me what the meaning of it is/where it's from?

Yesterday I found two bands, 'ARDLAY' and 'Crime Hate'. I know that they are from the late eighties as a member of Crime Hate appeared on X Japan's 'BLUE BLOOD' on guest vocals and they probably had ties to Extasy Records as they appeared on this television show where a lot of such bands performed at, but there's not much that I can find about these bands per se other than these two videos and some badly taped cover songs. I found a demo which was released by ARDLAY on Discogs, but nothing considerably informative.

I was wondering if anyone has any information on them that they would like to share.

Does anyone know a good place to buy vk merch (such as tshirts, etc.)? Some bands don't have their own stores so I was wondering if there is some website that has multiple bands products. If there are I can't remember any. Thanks.

You can try on the stores of the labels or managements these bands are associated with. CDJapan also offers a great deal of legitimate band appearal.

Puresound also occasionally receives batches of clothing. They might be second-hand (some are also never worn), but the variety is quite large from what I've seen.

If not, you can always look for people who attend the lives of these bands and perhaps ask them if they can pick something up for you from the merchandise stand. Also keep in mind that not every band sells merchandise besides the usual CDs and cheki.

Re:xist.

Whatever happened to them?

Did the singer do any other bands?

Did any of their material come online?

Other than the short PV above I can't find a single thing...

does anyone know how old the guys in Dog in the PWO are? And what the guys in Soul'd out is doing. I remember reading somewhere that Diggy Mo was born in 1978 O.o

On 7/8/2016 at 1:47 PM, NICKT said:

Re:xist.

Whatever happened to them?

Did the singer do any other bands?

Did any of their material come online?

Did some searching and couldn't find them either. They must've disbanded in 2013.. can't find any mention of them after that year.

But I found these videos

Demo song by the vocalist (no actual vocals to it though):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVwkJJbdR-4&feature=youtu.be

And this one looks kind of similar to the one you posted, but has some samplings of their other songs I think

they must've disbanded soon after their debut. All the old official sites are pretty much gone except the guitarist's twitter (https://twitter.com/yudaiapple) and the bassist's ameblo (http://ameblo.jp/aiz-0/)

On 22.03.2016 at 0:01 PM, Δrche said:

Does anyone know a good place to buy vk merch (such as tshirts, etc.)? Some bands don't have their own stores so I was wondering if there is some website that has multiple bands products. If there are I can't remember any. Thanks.

I bought few GRGM stuff here: http://shopping.deli-a.jp/

Edited by Crawling

This seems like the right place to ask..

There is an omnibus named Forbidden Pleasure Volume 1 that was released in 1997 with a band named Masquerade on it. Does anybody know if this is the same Masquerade that Kyo from Dir en Grey was in during the mid-1990s?

25 minutes ago, MasterBetty said:

There is an omnibus named Forbidden Pleasure Volume 1 that was released in 1997 with a band named Masquerade on it. Does anybody know if this is the same Masquerade that Kyo from Dir en Grey was in during the mid-1990s?

Though this site doesn't have the omnibus you mention, yes I believe it's the same band.  Check this website and right-click 'Translate to English'.

This is all I could find on them, and I believe the download links still work. Cheers!

http://chaotic-dix.blogspot.com/search/label/Masquerade

1 hour ago, MasterBetty said:

Given that the VA came out in 1997, which was when DEG was already active, then I'd have to say it was a completely different band.

Does anyone knows if Maru (ex-bis) is involved in any band activities, sessions, producing, stuff like that? The last I heard about him was when he hanged with guys from a band called Toga, and it was a quite while ago...

The same question about Yoshito (ex-xTRiPx) Anything on him? any news music related besides that Yoshito with Speed Disk All-Stars session back in january?

1 hour ago, Biopanda said:

Given that the VA came out in 1997, which was when DEG was already active, then I'd have to say it was a completely different band.

The bio for the band says Kyo was in the band, however, given VK artist titles it could well be a different band.

Edited by Atreides

9 hours ago, Biopanda said:

V.A.'s come out long after bands have called  it quits all of the time, ex. Sequence Records Final Summit. Not saying that it necessarily is the same masquerade but the V.A. coming out when DEG was already active means nothing. 

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone has any info on (founding bassist of Deshabillz) Yuuji's techno career. Coming up with nothing. I Dj techno myself, and its really peaking my interest. 

Hi, I'm wondering if someone could tell me what label xaa-xaa is on? I don't know why I can't find it anywhere on google... maybe I'm not looking in the right place. Thanks in advance! 

47 minutes ago, kurenai_ said:

Hi, I'm wondering if someone could tell me what label xaa-xaa is on? I don't know why I can't find it anywhere on google... maybe I'm not looking in the right place. Thanks in advance! 

XAA-XAA is on Timely Records along with DADAROMA, RAZOR and Grimoire.