Number Girl

The Official "I NEED HELP!" Thread: J-Rock Questions

Hello, everyone! As moderator of the General forum, I want to ensure that not only does it stay spam free but that anyone who has a question pertaining to their favorite bands, music, or anything else can have a good place to put it without worrying about being ignored or clogging up the front page with abandoned topics.

So I'm here to introduce everyone to the official "I NEED HELP!" J-Rock questions thread. If you have any inquiries about the following, feel free to post it here and other users will be glad to help you:

- Artist identification: If you can't figure out who is in a photo or don't know who performed a song on a video or MP3.

- Tagging issues and translations: If you want to know the "correct" tags for your files or you want to know the romanji of a particular track.

- Artist updates: If you want to know the activities or whereabouts of a particular obscure artist.

- If you want to know any assortment of random things (related to J-Rock) such as dates, prices, links, fan clubs, etc.

Note that those are just some ideas and they are not at all limited to those things. Just remember when asking something or answering something BE POLITE. No one wants to help a complete asshat and not everyone knows everything. Trolling will probably just earn you a warning or a ban, so I wouldn't try it if I were you.

Before you post, here are some tips:

- Some things can be answered with a very quick Google search. Save yourself some time by checking there first. This site's search engine can occasionally be helpful too.

- If you have a question about an artist, check and see if that artist already has a thread (see the Artist sub forum). For example, if you want to know something about Dir en grey, just ask in the Dir en grey topic - no need for five different conversations about Dir en grey going on at once.

- If you have a question about Monochrome-Heaven itself or something unrelated to J-Rock (like how to post pictures in your signature, for instance), your post best belongs in this forum.

- This is mainly for objective questions that are easily resolved and don't really generate much discussion or speculation. I don't expect there to be ten pages going on about the same thing, in that case I will split the posts into a new topic. With that said, do your fellow users a favor by keeping spam and side conversations in their appropriate places.

- Again: trolling and drama is not recommended. For example "Why are visual kei fans so stupid?" is not really what belongs here, sorry.

I hope this thread becomes helpful for everyone. Thank you!

^______^

Good thread idea. :)

I have a question, and I just couldn't find anything on the net about it (or looking at the wrong places?): I see Yesasia has Korean versions of L'Arc~en~Ciel's albums which are like half the price compared to the original Japanese ones. My question is, if someone could answer it, that in what way do these Korean versions differ from the Japanese ones? For example, do they have an all-Korean booklet, or just an extra K-translated lyrics booklet, or different artwork, etc.

Thanks in advance if someone could answer this. ^^

^ i've heard that difference between korean versions is that they include a booklet in korean. in the case of a dvd i guess they r exatcly the same, except that on the back it'll say "korea" instead of "japan".

@Jigsaw, yeah, practically what Mei said. I have the Korean version of SID's Hikari, and the only difference is that the tracklist on the side is also in Korean and English and that it has a Korean lyric booklet. Since we're going at this, does anyone know more bands next to SID, L'Arc and Do as infinity who distribute their cd's in Korea in Korean versions?

Good idea :)

Sticky'd it for you too :-P

Thank you very much!

To answer Sai's question, B'z is another artist that usually have Korean editions of their releases.

I have two questions and I hope they get answered. what happend to these two very obscure bands Discod Cry and L-seven ex. Bio-Glammy members?

Even though I have no official sources, I would guess that they've disbanded, especially since both of their OHP's don't exist and they haven't released anything in a year/years.

well it isn't really a j-rock question but I figured I would just go ahead and ask it here anyways....

What exactly is the difference between 320 kbps and lossless? I thought that 320 was cd quality....how could you go any higher in quality? why is a lossless cd 500mb or more??? :0

I have a question regarding Tenten (ex. KuRt / current Chemical Pictures).

Before the announcement of Chemical Pictures and after KuRt disbanded, Tenten announced a band called "MY BactEriA Heat iSland". The name of the band was also used for quite some time on Tenten's jewelry he designed before the announcement of the band.

They performed their first concert March of 2008 with this lineup:

Vocals - てんてん (Tenten)

Guitar - kaname (ex.gossip)

Guitar - 英樹 (Hideki) (ex朱ィ。(仮) (Benny Kari))

Bass - ICHIRO (Support)

Drums - U-YA (ex.D’AIR)

And soon after, they had an OHP up (http://www.mbhid.net/) but it's been down for a while (probably due to Chemical Pictures being Tenten's full-time band).

I haven't heard anything at all since 2008 about the band so I was wondering what happened to them?

Did Tenten really just give up this project? Was it just a side-project/session band?

well it isn't really a j-rock question but I figured I would just go ahead and ask it here anyways....

What exactly is the difference between 320 kbps and lossless? I thought that 320 was cd quality....how could you go any higher in quality? why is a lossless cd 500mb or more??? :0

That would help you find the answer http://www.differencebetween.net/technology/difference-between-mp3-and-flac/

These two topics (link) and (link) talk about file formats and are pretty informative.

I have been checking the internet lately and recently found this:

CHESS (8x.xx.xx)

1. CHESS

LUNACY (89.08.24)

1. KILL ME

2. SEXUAL PARVASION

3. NIGHTMARE

SHADE (89.11.08)

1. SHADE

2. SEARCH FOR REASON

3. SUSPICIOUS

LASTLY (90.6.10)

1. LASTLY

LUNA SEA "DEMO" (91.xx.xx)

1. Dejavu

2. 新曲(SUGIZO)

3. SEARCH FOR REASON

4. VAMPIRE'S TALK

VOICE OF LUNA SEA (92.xx.xx)

~unknown tracklist~

EDEN (92.xx.xx)

1. JESUS

2. A-I

3. END OF SORROW

Apparently all of these should have been released as demonstration tapes.

To my knowledge, the only existing demo's are the LUNACY, SHADE & LASTLY, can someone confirm the existence of the other ones?

This website also states things about unreleased songs from their early era such as "DREAM IS OVER" and "JUNK", furthermore they also state early names of late songs (example; SINFUL SONG > IN MIND)

They apparently also state that the first song ever written by LUNACY was named CHESS, and is totally different from the one released on the LUNA SEA album, the early song was released on a demo-tape on an unknown date... Most likely around 1986~87, when RYUICHI, SHINYA & SUGIZO had not joined.

Can somebody please help me with this? :emo:

I have been checking the internet lately and recently found this:

CHESS (8x.xx.xx)

1. CHESS

LUNACY (89.08.24)

1. KILL ME

2. SEXUAL PARVASION

3. NIGHTMARE

SHADE (89.11.08)

1. SHADE

2. SEARCH FOR REASON

3. SUSPICIOUS

LASTLY (90.6.10)

1. LASTLY

LUNA SEA "DEMO" (91.xx.xx)

1. Dejavu

2. 新曲(SUGIZO)

3. SEARCH FOR REASON

4. VAMPIRE'S TALK

VOICE OF LUNA SEA (92.xx.xx)

~unknown tracklist~

EDEN (92.xx.xx)

1. JESUS

2. A-I

3. END OF SORROW

Apparently all of these should have been released as demonstration tapes.

To my knowledge, the only existing demo's are the LUNACY, SHADE & LASTLY, can someone confirm the existence of the other ones?

This website also states things about unreleased songs from their early era such as "DREAM IS OVER" and "JUNK", furthermore they also state early names of late songs (example; SINFUL SONG > IN MIND)

They apparently also state that the first song ever written by LUNACY was named CHESS, and is totally different from the one released on the LUNA SEA album, the early song was released on a demo-tape on an unknown date... Most likely around 1986~87, when RYUICHI, SHINYA & SUGIZO had not joined.

Can somebody please help me with this? :emo:

all those demos exist, perhaps except CHESS. there's a very early "luna sea" recording of a high school performance from 1987 and CHESS is most certainly not played. in addition to what you've listed, I know of a demo containing some MOTHER tracks as well. it wasn't a public release though, internal use only. there may be one or two more as well out there.

i uploaded a bootleg awhile back that has DREAM IS OVER and JUNK on it. SINFUL SONG doesn't ring any bells though. perhaps i just haven't seen that title used yet.

A question for last.fm users - How do you all tag the band called A?

I tag them as 'エース' (last.fm page). Confusing which one is the right tag, but this journal said it's the one in kana.

That's not the currently active band though. It's a different vk band called A(エース) that was active between 2004 and 2005. At least the picture and profile pic belong to the older band.

Personally I use the unicode for the active band. If you don't like unicode, A (エース) (with a space after the A!) also seems to be quite popular. From what I know, the band isn't very consistent when it comes to writing their name, so one is as good as the other.

so do i, using the unicode A.

Since they only have A as their band name on the cover of their releases.

While A (エース) only addressed on their website, not on releases.